Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

That isn't leadership from Bannan, that's humiliation.

Wildsmith is going on his knees to get his body behind the ball, so even a slight deflection is a mammoth task to correct at that point.

I like Bannan, but that's poor from him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

A lot of people are bored and fed up so probably need a bit of drama to lighten up their day.

Been saying this all pandemic 

about pretty much everything 

watch us go back to normal and 99% of the whinging disappear 

• Like 1

It was certainly a goalkeeper mistake , yes a slight deflection but should have saved it , it’s not only that goal but feel he was slow to get over for the first , maybe a tad harsh but certainly would back a better keeper to touch that one wide . I don’t think he’s good enough and think we need better for next year 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

That isn't leadership from Bannan, that's humiliation.

Wildsmith is going on his knees to get his body behind the ball, so even a slight deflection is a mammoth task to correct at that point.

I like Bannan, but that's poor from him.

Minimal deviation. By going to his knees at that point he’s a sitting duck in the case of a deflection and it was a minor one at that. 

he got his body position all wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whowantstoberich said:

Should have laid nut on him never mind criticise ffs.  

For what exactly? He had his near post covered and the shot was off target. The deflection caused the goal. In real time it looked a soft goal to concede but looking at it again I'm not sure Wildsmith can be blamed for it.

I've seen enough games this season where our players are afraid to do anything with the ball and with a captain shouting abuse at them isn't helping anyone no matter how frustrated he may be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

This is in real time though.. as if he’s going to watch that then immediately say ‘hard lines Joe, you’ll save the next one’. 

Captain yelling abuse at teammates for mistakes and we wonder why the players are so fragile and afraid to do anything in possession. I don't see how that helps tbh. Then a minute of so later Borner puts keeper under more pressure probably because captain fantastic will start bollocking him if he makes an error. 

• Haha 1

Before the shot I was thinking you won't score from there, and he did I thought JW had dropped an awful clanger, and didn't see the deflection until a replay from behind.

Most of you won't agree but i would like to see Dawson not written off completely, but yes we do need another with KW and JW allowed to go.

Wouldn't someone like Ruddy be great?

4 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Before the shot I was thinking you won't score from there, and he did I thought JW had dropped an awful clanger, and didn't see the deflection until a replay from behind.

Most of you won't agree but i would like to see Dawson not written off completely, but yes we do need another with KW and JW allowed to go.

Wouldn't someone like Ruddy be great?

Simply an average keeper would be great 

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Also very poor leadership from Bannan, not what you would expect from your captain at any level of the game.  Can you imagine the reaction had Bywater been in goal?

Captains right to have a go at players for not doing there jobs properly. 

• Like 1

Just now, S72 Owl said:

Captains right to have a go at players for not doing there jobs properly. 

Precisely. This is elite level sport it’s not amateur level, the standards are high and it’s cut throat. 

It’s literally people’s jobs that are at stake and next career steps on the line, and that goal all but confirmed where it’s heading. I’m not surprised he had a pop!

• Like 3