Chansiri, Change or Leave!

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

When Chansiri arrived, he said that he'd spend £250 million to get us into the PL.

Had he had a free hand, like the parachute clubs, then I'm sure he would have done.

I've criticized Chansiri for lots of things, mainly for his stubbornness, but the mess we're in isn't entirely his fault.

He came into a club which had had no investment for a decade and a half.

We'd no youth policy, and frankly compared to out Yorkshire neighbours our production of talent has been a disgrace for many years.

We don't have national support and a turnover to match, like Leeds, nor do we have the profile to attract a Bielsa.

We're not downright lucky enough to get a Wilder, and on the brink of the semi we lost the one player we couldn't afford to lose out of a squad of 34 players.

If promotion was to be achieved quickly - which most fans wanted - then gambling was the only option open to Chansiri.

True, he should have gambled better, but nevertheless P&S did tie his hands unfairly IMO.

But reducing the size of our turnover next season is hardly conducive to our going back up promptly, wherever you stand on Dejer's performance to date.

image.png.2296d69e236e7d1ff48ed73b5061e370.png

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

With Lg1 bringing a £7-8m reduction in TV and Central Distribution payments, DC’s biggest challenge is to find the perfect balance between income and affordability of match day revenue.

He’ll never please everyone.

The average top earner wage at Championship level is £29k a week. In League 1 it’s £5k a week. Revenue is going to drop off a cliff but that’s not that relevant, costs should too.. unless we decide to pay Championship wages for players who aren’t good enough for the championship. In which case most of our  fans don’t want to subsidise that so will vote with their feet

Just now, rickygoo said:

Is that what we're resorting to to back Chansiri now?

Not if you're a season ticket holder who hasn't had a refund and are rolling your season ticket over till next season...just saying that winning matches always determines our support

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I do know the answer yes. We don't.

How any single individual that's not related to or employed by Chansiri is sticking up for him is beyond me. The bloke has been a disaster. It looks like we are going to be a Third Division club with no ground, saddled with an incompetent owner who's going to take a huge loss if he ever finds a buyer. 

So you would prefer a reduction in ticket prices which would ultimately reflect in a reduction in revenue.

Who do want to cover that reduction in revenue?

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

image.png.2296d69e236e7d1ff48ed73b5061e370.png

I guess what I've said about us could equally be said of Derby.

Yet another club shackled by P&S.

You see, that's what happens when you gamble.

Due to P&S if you gamble then you spend big for 2 years and then spend nowt for the next three.

It doesn't matter how much cash you have, your turnover dictates that you can't spend it.

And look at 'Udders; they've been up to the PL at our expense and they've had parachute money.

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Not if you're a season ticket holder who hasn't had a refund and are rolling your season ticket over till next season...just saying that winning matches always determines our support

Of course it does.

16/17 we had our highest average attendance for nearly 20 years, paying the same prices. 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

So you would prefer a reduction in ticket prices which would ultimately reflect in a reduction in revenue.

Who do want to cover that reduction in revenue?

Player wage cuts, obviously?

2 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

If & when we go down I would like a statement from him, firstly to explain in detail what the eff has gone wrong from his perspective, and secondly to explain the plan from here on out.

In this plan I don’t want ‘in five years we’ll be in the prem’ nonsense. Don’t put dates on things. All we ask for is for improvement, big or small, year on year, and I want to see how he plans to achieve that. 

I don’t think it’s a lot to ask for. But we won’t get it cos he’s said before that you apparently can plan at a football club as it’s not like any other business.

Will never happen. We will just go on season to season. The only time we even get a peep out of him is when we appoint a new boss 

Guest Therealrealist
21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If we win the first five games the POTG will be the highest for years

Not a chance..terrible post

Guest Therealrealist
53 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's 100% correct though

Think about it

We have next to no POTG anymore 

Season tickets are expiring or not being renewed meaning more fans will be POTG

So he's corrrect

What if potg is still 33 for the cheapest ticket...everybodys watchin the game on firestick for peanuts..drinkin cheap booze outa fridge..goin to home games these days is a bit naff and expensive..if ex season ticket holders still wanted to go to games..they wud be gettin a season ticket..so yer both wrong

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, flo said:

Well struggle to average 12k in league 1 next year, other than first few games back after pandemic. 

Sad but true

But if we beat crewe and accrington daveyboy and @owlstalk are expectin 28k 😂

Chansiri gambled to get to the Prem and it went horribly wrong.

But can you imagine if we’d actually made it to the up? We’d have had the same type of bizarre player recruitment but this time spanking even more obscene money.

To the people that support Chansiri’s gamble...do you honestly think he’d have made us a competitive premier league team, capable of staying up and pushing on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Does it matter?

I’m pretty sure that a company offered DC £3m to promote their name on the North Stand seats or £2-3m for shirt sponsorship he’d take it.

The fact is, our attractiveness as a commercial partner is very poor and has been for years. If the best that’s offered by local or national businesses doesn’t reflect a fair market value to DC, why wouldn’t he stick his own money in and dress it up as income?

Yes it does matter. Your earlier argument was that Chansiri had grown income from 2 mil under MM to 8. Now if DC had put 6 mil of that income in a "sponsorship" then its not really growth is it?

Didnt  Chancer also say that social media posts stopped a megabucks commercial deal a few months back? In essence blaming the fans. Frankly I dont trust a word that comes out of the fella's mouth, hes a first class charlatan, con artist, snake oil salesman and a huxter. We need him out of our club by hook or by crook as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Yes it does matter. Your earlier argument was that Chansiri had grown income from 2 mil under MM to 8. Now if DC had put 6 mil of that income in a "sponsorship" then its not really growth is it?

Didnt  Chancer also say that social media posts stopped a megabucks commercial deal a few months back? In essence blaming the fans. Frankly I dont trust a word that comes out of the fella's mouth, hes a first class charlatan, con artist, snake oil salesman and a huxter. We need him out of our club by hook or by crook as soon as possible.

Let’s bombard his email address.