Chansiri, Change or Leave!

Sadly this is the way footballs gone

There really are some great posts in the Chansiri threads from fans who just want to be proud of the club again

Fans don’t expect to win the champions league. They don’t expect owners to love the club as much as they do. They just want to connect with the club and see players enjoy playing for Wednesday as much as we enjoy watching them

Always remember Mick Lyons at the 150th Anniversary saying words to the effect “ talking to the lads over there and we all said we played for many clubs but we never enjoyed it more than at Wednesday “ I don’t mean to be patronising but for the older ones who saw that team we know what Lyons meant . They ( the players) loved Wednesday and we loved them.

Great times

Thats what fans want. To connect it’s what football is about

Sadly Chansiri doesn’t get it and I for one wouldn’t expect him too

Hes never understood what football is about . His “advisors” understand even less

Sad to say unless he has a lightbulb moment all this could last for years

For old fogies like me we may never see Wednesday “ connect” with fans again

Sorry for being so depressing !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I think the problem is who would come in with the club in the state it is in?

There must be so many other clubs that are a better prospect, we have massive overheads, an old ground (Which we dont even own now),  a lower income level fan base (Im thinking comparing to london clubs), playing staff and coaching staff is all over the place.

Chansiri has made so many mistakes, his heart is in the right place and we almost made it to the promised land but he rolled the dice and we lost, now we are paying the price for that.  We all know Chansiri needs to get people in to steady the ship and get us back on the right track...  When you compare Chansiri to Allen I would rather have Chansiri.  He is keeping this club afloat.  But we need change.  In our current state the only owner we could attract I think would be worse than Chansiri.  I really wish Chansiri would take a step back, bring in some kind of overall operations manager to run the club, get a plan together to reset rather than just lurching from one mistake to the next.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

I think the problem is who would come in with the club in the state it is in?

There must be so many other clubs that are a better prospect, we have massive overheads, an old ground (Which we dont even own now),  a lower income level fan base (Im thinking comparing to london clubs), playing staff and coaching staff is all over the place.

Chansiri has made so many mistakes, his heart is in the right place and we almost made it to the promised land but he rolled the dice and we lost, now we are paying the price for that.  We all know Chansiri needs to get people in to steady the ship and get us back on the right track...  When you compare Chansiri to Allen I would rather have Chansiri.  He is keeping this club afloat.  But we need change.  In our current state the only owner we could attract I think would be worse than Chansiri.  I really wish Chansiri would take a step back, bring in some kind of overall operations manager to run the club, get a plan together to reset rather than just lurching from one mistake to the next.

We all know what we would like chansiri to do but can anyone see it happening?

Heart in the right place? 
initially I would agree with that catdog1121 but do you know what.. I’m not so sure now . Integrity and honesty are not dependent on success  . if we had got to the premier league I wouldn’t presume everything would be ok

I think it would mean his incompetence would have been taken to a whole new level and when decline set in it would have been twice as catastrophic 

I don’t want to sound patronising or like I’m some sort of sage 😉 but yours is another post that shows  how much fans care mate👍

• Like 1

Everything he’s said and all the money spent. All to end in the third tier of English football. Absolutely embarrassing for him surely?

He’s so far out of his depth it’s painful. No doubt sold a dream by Mandaric and his advisers. Thought it was easy and wanted Premier League glory. Short term plan failed, money dried up and when we needed experience and skill to navigate us through FFP and a transitional period- it appeared he was clueless. Refusing to sell Dave Jones? What was that all about? How many more players did he block from leaving the club? Very little business acumen coupled with stubbornness to do what’s best for the club. Rinsed by advisers, bloated the club with crap players who don’t reflect the wage they earn. Still refuses to seek proper help and runs the club from afar as it lurks from disaster to disaster. Culminating in the biggest disaster so far - relegation.

Relegation is completely embarassing considering some of the poo the chairman has spouted in the past in fans forums and in club statements. Really ******** embarrassing. 

I don’t feel sorry for him one bit. One of the biggest rules in life. If you don’t know what you’re doing, surround yourself with people who do. DC hasn’t. His committee was short lived and since then he’s been rinsed completely and is too proud to put a proper management structure in place to move the club forward. That’s on him. That’s his decision. No sympathy from me. 

Bit of a late night rant this one. But honestly take a step back and see where we’re heading. Truly embarrassing. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dooogs said:

It should be embarrassing but he'll blame everyone else but himself (and P**o). Monk, Pulis, loan players, the EFL, us...

My prediction will be he goes into complete hiding and does a short interview with Howson saying something like ‘this is football not like any normal business, this is normal.’

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Everything he’s said and all the money spent. All to end in the third tier of English football. Absolutely embarrassing for him surely?

He’s so far out of his depth it’s painful. No doubt sold a dream by Mandaric and his advisers. Thought it was easy and wanted Premier League glory. Short term plan failed, money dried up and when we needed experience and skill to navigate us through FFP and a transitional period- it appeared he was clueless. Refusing to sell Dave Jones? What was that all about? How many more players did he block from leaving the club? Very little business acumen coupled with stubbornness to do what’s best for the club. Rinsed by advisers, bloated the club with crap players who don’t reflect the wage they earn. Still refuses to seek proper help and runs the club from afar as it lurks from disaster to disaster. Culminating in the biggest disaster so far - relegation.

Relegation is completely embarassing considering some of the poo the chairman has spouted in the past in fans forums and in club statements. Really ******** embarrassing. 

I don’t feel sorry for him one bit. One of the biggest rules in life. If you don’t know what you’re doing, surround yourself with people who do. DC hasn’t. His committee was short lived and since then he’s been rinsed completely and is too proud to put a proper management structure in place to move the club forward. That’s on him. That’s his decision. No sympathy from me. 

Bit of a late night rant this one. But honestly take a step back and see where we’re heading. Truly embarrassing. 

Top Post. 

image.png.904599338f92cb0ab426270157d94f9b.png

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Always remember Mick Lyons saying “we all said we played for many clubs but we never enjoyed it more than at Wednesday “

A fantastic and sincere post BJ...

And although silverware was left wanting to a degree ,it was an honour and a privilege to have seen that squad run through the veritable brick wall week in week out for the Blue and white stripes with the odd touch of "claret" splashed here and there  ......

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

A fantastic and sincere post BJ...

And although silverware was left wanting to a degree ,it was an honour and a privilege to have seen that squad run through the veritable brick wall week in week out for the Blue and white stripes with the odd touch of "claret" splashed here and there  ......

Correct 

This mob couldn't rip a paper bag nevermind run through a brick wall.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

A Chansiri out thread for every time we lose. He might well 'have his heart in the right place', but heart does not mean anything when you are about to be relegated to league one, nor does it mean anything when you have failed to meet any of the objectives when you decided to buy the club. 

When I make reference to 'Chansiri' I do not just mean DC. I mean any of his family, family businesses or business associates who are directly advising him, or who are having a direct input on the running of SWFC which has culminated into the situation the community within the club now faces. To suggest any objectives had been set by the leadership of SWFC would be ridiculous, as there was only one that had been set. Promotion to the premier league within two years. Those words, or the words to those effect came out of his own mouth. It could be argued that it was an achievable target, within a reasonable time scale. But this would only be likely for a club which is set-up to succeed. This is something SWFC is not, and was not when Milan sold the club. It probably has not been for the past thirty years.  Football teams which are set-up to succeed have long term strategies which are not dithered from, and could be seen to be set in stone. These clubs do not have a scatter gun approach, because it does not equate to long term success, and can put the entire future of the club in jeopardy.  

To be successful on the pitch, and club needs successful away from it too. This includes: player recruitment; staff recruitment; ticket pricing; and commercial activities. The club is woeful in all of these areas. I cannot be bothered to write more, as I am going of on a tangent.

But lets write in this thread what we would like:

Personally I want:

1. A figure head at the clubs who us fans can relate too, is not constantly negative, and communicates with us on a monthly basis.

2. FAR cheaper season ticket prices, and simple three tiered POTG pricing structure.

3. Putting the SWFC lettering back on the north stand seats.

4. Not signing players who have serious injury records, on large wages.

5. Getting businesses back into boxes. If they are empty, let children homes use them.

6. 5% of our annual turn over to be given to charities within Sheffield.

7. Communication of the strategy of the club going forward. 

The running of the club has been nothing short of negligent. If it is not announced that changes will be made. Then it is time for him to leave. The only way to get him to do this is to NOT BUY AND SEASON TICKETS OR POTG TICKETS. DO NOT BUY THEM.  

You really do speak a load of   .......s

8 minutes ago, Tony Galvin Fan Club said:

Starve the ******** out.Dont go to the home games.Do not buy anything from the club.Do not give him a penny.Away days only.fizz him

Fans don’t need to boycott him, it will happen naturally. Income is going to be a real issue for him next season anyway due to season ticket roll over or refunds. 
Crowds will be well down - people aren’t going to pay these POTG prices for 3rd division football, and let’s face it, we’ve got a massive rebuilding job on so I don’t think we’re going to be chasing promotion which would drag the fans back.

The commercial side isn’t going to pull any trees up either.

All in all, he’s made a right bo**ox of it, both off and on the pitch.  

Guest Hornsby
13 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Relegation will probably knock £8-9m off our £22m Championship income. The last we can afford is another 5% in charity handouts.

Urby, Abdi and Paxo taken much more than 5%