No surprise that we are down

Guest Mcguigan

I wish I could Share you’re optimistic view but, imo, relegation is going to mean a long hard slog and possibly more relegation battles.

Reasons to optimistic for next seaon when we're relagated. 

Dc has looked ahead and signed a manager that knows the division and likes to play positive football.... 

Massive reason to feel negative.. 

9 players out of contract and the recruitment is probably not going to be left to Moore.

Thus meaning Dumb(Paxo) & Dumber(Dc) will probably make a complete clusterfckof it. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I thought we played quite well today again, so the signs are all positive for next season. We knew we were going down long ago and deservedly so. I do think Moore though is finally putting us on the right track. It was good to see us taking the game to QPR and Cardiff (18 shots against QPRs 9 today). We have been hopeless all season yet finally we are starting to attack teams.

I have a great deal of optimism in Moore. Doncaster could have gone top a couple of months ago, yet since he left they have collapsed (Donnys last 8 results are lost 6 drawn 2)

I know its the 3rd division but I am looking forward to  us attacking and winning, next season. Despite a lot of people saying we will go straight down again, I disagree, I think we will do well. Lets get rid of a lot of deadwood and let DM start the long journey back

UTO folks, keep smiling and believing

You thought we played quite well?

Just out of curiosity, are you an Oxford fan that accidentally logged in to Owlstalk?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Dc has looked ahead and signed a manager that knows the division and likes to play positive football.... 

9 players out of contract and the recruitment is probably not going to be left to Moore.

Thus meaning Dumb(Paxo) & Dumber(Dc) will probably make a complete clusterfckof it. 

And that's my biggest concern about next season.DM not having any input on player recruitment. He'll be told to work with the players that DC and Paxo bring in.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Don't forget we are under an embargo until we file our accounts of they take as long as they did this year we could be starting the season with no subs.😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Or on the plus side 9 players are out of contract...   Frankly i would not want this team in league one as we would be rubbish..   Although yes it does depend on who is doing the recruiting as last summers recruitment was clearly a complete disaster.

50 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I thought we played quite well today again, so the signs are all positive for next season. We knew we were going down long ago and deservedly so. I do think Moore though is finally putting us on the right track. It was good to see us taking the game to QPR and Cardiff (18 shots against QPRs 9 today). We have been hopeless all season yet finally we are starting to attack teams.

I have a great deal of optimism in Moore. Doncaster could have gone top a couple of months ago, yet since he left they have collapsed (Donnys last 8 results are lost 6 drawn 2)

I know its the 3rd division but I am looking forward to  us attacking and winning, next season. Despite a lot of people saying we will go straight down again, I disagree, I think we will do well. Lets get rid of a lot of deadwood and let DM start the long journey back

I applaud your optimism but in my opinion I believe we have a hard few months ahead of us when we see exactly which players will leave as their contracts expire  and others who just don’t want to play in the 3rd tier so equally want to listen to offers. That will undoubtedly leave us requiring an awful lot of players and there lies the problem as I see it. 
In reality I don’t think Chansiri will want to shell out any more of his money to buy new players and to make matters  worse  we would have to depend on loaned players from premiership or even the Championship clubs. The better players will go to clubs in a better position the SWFC and that will leave us talking to players no good club wants 

I think  it will be very difficult to entice decent players to Hillsborough and the prospect of applying their skills inLeague One.

Even if we do manage to succeed in attracting good players to S6 we know that it can often take up to 3-4 months before any new players get up to speed, get match fit and start to gel  with their new team mates  
Sorry to sound negative but that’s how I see the next 6 months panning out.

I hope I’m wrong and we don’t just become the destination of old washed up has-beens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

I wish I could Share you’re optimistic view but, imo, relegation is going to mean a long hard slog and possibly more relegation battles.

Exactly. No point thinking how this team will perform next year as 70% of them are likely to o be at other clubs. Complete rebuild so we have no idea who will be brought in, to be able to understand how strong we are likely to be. 

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

Literally surprised no one is agreeing with you.

Considering this pathetic squad that played us into a relegation position is putting in half decent performances under Moore

I think we will be fine under him.

Never a 4-1 game today. Two dodgy moments by the centre backs, Wildsmith comedy keeping and some classy finishing by Dykes.

The subs was poor but that's down to the lack of options from the bench, rather bring Neil Thompson on than Kachunga.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Literally surprised no one is agreeing with you.

Considering this pathetic squad that played us into a relegation position is putting in half decent performances under Moore

I think we will be fine under him.

Never a 4-1 game today. Two dodgy moments by the centre backs, Wildsmith comedy keeping and some classy finishing by Dykes.

The subs was poor but that's down to the lack of options from the bench, rather bring Neil Thompson on than Kachunga.

Weve just about been relegated today, so not surprised people arent optimistic.

I just think DM will have us playing some good attacking football next season. People have to remember we arent competing for players with PL clubs and i think we will attract better players than the majority of 3rd tier teams, so yes im still positive.

Im also a bit weird, so will look forward to next season......id rather see us beat oxford or accrington, than lose to man city. I enjoy seeing my team win at any level, thats why i go to games.  When we ever get back to PL, is when i will lose interest, but next season i feel the club need the fans back on side more than ever

• Like 1

I’m not sure how the signs can be positive for next season when we’re inevitably going to end up with a completely different squad to the one that turned out today.

Next season is nothing but pure speculation until the out of contract players have left and new ones have been brought in. 

It’s going to be a hell of a job in the summer for volume of recruitment needed and then on the training pitch getting them to know and understand each other’s games.

Edited by H2Owl
  • Like 1

I think we will be in L1 for a couple of years at least. The amount of squad disruption will be huge. And big changes take time to bed in, whichever league you are in. Also L1 is tough. Teams are physical and often well drilled. There are also lots of good young players on loan down there (like at Donny).

I just want to see us improve at each window in an incremental and sustainable way and go up with a good team playing decent football in a couple of seasons time. 
A massive amount depends on what DC does in terms of staying/ going/ sacking managers/ funding us etc etc. 
Im not absolutely dreading the future but it’s certainly very uncertain!

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Have a look at bank balance

15 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Ridiculous statement, who is saying this 

I'd be very optimistic if I thought Moore would be in charge of recruitment without the meddling of Paxo. 

I like what I've seen in a short time, reason for optimism but only if we get recruitment right. 

The benefit to relegation (if there is one) is that Chansiri won't be inclined to renew contracts for most of the wasters who have performed abysmally on the pitch for years. Some, maybe but not as many as I'm sure he would otherwise. 

Thought first half was ok yesterday, was a decent game.

But second we collapse again like a house of cards. Happened time and time again this season.

Not optimistic at all for next season. Think a good season would be a solid mid table year and bedding in some new younger players.

Think Darren Moore has a lot to offer as a manager but think some problems at Wednesday might be a bit too big for him.

Guest Andy W
15 hours ago, deaks1984 said:

You thought we played quite well?

Just out of curiosity, are you an Oxford fan that accidentally logged in to Owlstalk?

Exactly..were you watching the right game??