Did I miss it?

Apologies if this has discussed elsewhere, if it has I missed it.

When we were deducted the initial 12 points the reason stated for it being this season, and not the 19-20 season, is that it would have relegated us. Which the committee deemed too severe a punishment.

Why then when it was reduced to 6 was this not retrospectively applied to last season? A 6 point deduction last season would have seen us finish on 50 points, 1 point above Barnsley. 

Don't get wrong we should not be in the situation in the first instance, I am just curious as to whether it has been outlined anywhere? 

2 minutes ago, flo said:

Yes and if 6 points relegated us this season I see that as too harsh a punishment and should only be applied to the next season we stay up by more than 6 points. 

See I don't have an issue if it does relegate us this season. We have had ample opportunity to overcome it and should have, we've been extremely poor so haven't. 

20 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We (Chansiri) f**ked up. We can’t complain about anything tbh. 

16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Chansiri fooked us all over. When we go down it is he that deserves the majority of the blame for the embarrassment of league one. 

100% agree. 

I do find it odd though that if we had been docked 6 points initially it would have been last season not this. Do you not agree? 

2 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

100% agree. 

I do find it odd though that if we had been docked 6 points initially it would have been last season not this. Do you not agree? 

Not thought about it this way but you are 100% correct. It should have been moved back to last season. Wonder if anyone at the club has spotted this?

13 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Not thought about it this way but you are 100% correct. It should have been moved back to last season. Wonder if anyone at the club has spotted this?

Must have surely? I was a bit too happy with gaining 10 points in that week to think about it logically though. However now it does not seem "right" to use a term loosely. 

I think I need to read up on the outcome again if anyone has a link? 

Not sure this is definitely right but if I were the EFL's lawyers, my take would be that:

1) the six points should be backdated if the league table is still 'open' to amendments; but

2) the league tables are closed for any more changes permanently after a certain date (before the start of the following season - 20/21 in this case).

So in principle, the six-point deduction could be backdated according to 1) but is forestalled by 2).

20 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

Not sure this is definitely right but if I were the EFL's lawyers, my take would be that:

1) the six points should be backdated if the league table is still 'open' to amendments; but

2) the league tables are closed for any more changes permanently after a certain date (before the start of the following season - 20/21 in this case).

So in principle, the six-point deduction could be backdated according to 1) but is forestalled by 2).

They'll argue we've had ample sporting opportunities to overcome it which was part of the reason for not applying it before I believe. 

Really interesting, so technically the football league screwed up because they awarded us a 12 point deduction when they now agree they should have taken into account our attempts to reduce the debt making it a 6 point deduction.

And you are correct if it had been 6 points then it could have been applied last season and likely would have.  But because the got it wrong we got it applied this season so if we go down by less than 6 points although it is still the clubs fault for being in the position I think there is also an argument that the football league also screwed up.