Chey Dunkley could make the last few games

On 09/04/2021 at 10:27, 0742 said:

I think him and Iorfa in the Middle, uroghide on the left and Palmer at right back would be as good a defence as you could hope for in League one.

Definitely wouldn’t shoehorn Dunkley in at the expense of Urhoghide moving to left-back. It will hinder his development, he’s a natural centre back. 

3 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Definitely wouldn’t shoehorn Dunkley in at the expense of Urhoghide moving to left-back. It will hinder his development, he’s a natural centre back. 

Could be that Uroghide is off anyway, even though we saved him after he was discarded by Wimbledon. However, Dunkley was a poor signing IMO.

9 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Could be that Uroghide is off anyway, even though we saved him after he was discarded by Wimbledon. However, Dunkley was a poor signing IMO.

Very good point about Urhoghide being unlikely to stay, Rats and sinking ship springs to mind but I honestly can’t blame anyone for getting as far away from this club as possible. 

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Very good point about Urhoghide being unlikely to stay, Rats and sinking ship springs to mind but I honestly can’t blame anyone for getting as far away from this club as possible. 

The thing is though that he is unlikely to get more first team football at a bigger club, though maybe Leeds would offer him more money to play for the U23s or to go out on loan. He has potential but is a long way off being the finished article IMO.

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The thing is though that he is unlikely to get more first team football at a bigger club, though maybe Leeds would offer him more money to play for the U23s or to go out on loan. He has potential but is a long way off being the finished article IMO.

Your may be right Beauchief. I think he’d be a regular somewhere like Birmingham, Huddersfield, Preston. Anyway, the fear is that anywhere is better than SWFC for those players who have a chance to escape. If my son were in that position, I honestly don’t think I could find one reason for him to stay. 

On 09/04/2021 at 09:26, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore says Dunkley is the most likely to feature in the run in

Chey Dunkley is probably the most likely to get back in and around it. If he can keep on developing in the next two or three weeks, then he could be back with the group before the end of the season.

Since Pulis left, this guy has hardly been picked even when fit and has been substituted eg at Stoke.  Is Darren now saying he would like to pick him? Perhaps a 4-1 defeat has seen him now open to the failings in defence.

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Dunkley and Iorfa would be the best CB pairing in L1.

What have you seen of Dunkley to suggest that's the case?

He hasn't been very good for us in the few games he has managed to be fit for.