Would Chansiri do this ....

This happened to Sunderland a couple of years ago too, Ellis Short wrote off £70M of debt I believe. A common denominator between both Ipswich and Sunderland getting debt written off? Both were in League 1 at the time of the debt being written off. It is a time when the club gets cheaper and buyers are circling allowing the owners to get out but at a huge personal loss. On both occasions Ellis Short and Marcus Evans were long time owners, heavily personally invested in their clubs and both have clearly realised it was for the better of the club to walk away without trying to recover the debt. I can't see Chansiri's pride allowing him to do that. It would be a great embarrassment and personal failure. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

He could of course sell the club, but keep Hillsbrough and rent it out to the new owners.

That's what I'm thinking that buying the ground is his exit plan. He's unlikely to get anything back like he's put into the club by selling it.

In investing there is the sunk cost fallacy. You buy something expecting it to go up but it goes down instead. You hang on hoping to get your money back but it keeps going down and down and down. At some stage you have to accept the investment is now worth much less than it was when you bought it. You are never going to get your money back and if you want to sell you will have to accept the market value of your investment.

In DC'c case it's even worse, he's losing money steadily week by week and month by month, at some stage he might have to accept he can no longer bear the losses and a sale is the only way to end the pain.

We can but hope.

14 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think the most likely situation is one where he is paid a nominal amount with a future payment based on promotion to the Premier League.

"I wrote that playbook! I'm not daft enough to fall it" 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

If the debt is never ever going to be able to be repaid and the owner is faced with ever increasing debt to keep the club going, can understand why certain owners do this.

Looks a sensational headline, but in reality the money is already long gone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

If Chansiri was given a 5 percent share in a company as part of the deal he’d manage to drag that company down as he’s a clueless muppet 

If he’s only a 5% shareholder, his capacity to do damage is limited, assuming the owners of the other 95% are more switched on