The greatest of great escapes

11 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Greatest escape was Leicester City with Pearson, odds on favourite to go down 12 from safety and stayed up, following season under Ranieri champions 

Like we did the season after the one in the article? 

• Like 2

Lets see if we can win two games on the trot first, a feat we have managed to achieve just once this season with win against Boro and Derby.

Kind of maybe puts our form into perspective. Realistically we probably need 5 wins out of the remaining 7 games to get to the 50 points mark - traditionally the safety mark.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Well it didnt happen again on all the other times we were adrift in the relegation zone over the years... 

Yes but neither did 5-0 thrashing of a good team

It would be text book for us to go on some amazing run and require a draw in our last game, only to watch us get hammered 5-0. 

Would sincerely love to be wrong but for me we've left it too late.  If we'd have got at least three points from the Luton/Birmingham and Rotherham game, there would have been a glimmer of hope.  For me, it was those three results that ultimately killed us, the sad reality being that if we were serious about staying up we'd have got nine points from those three more than winnable games.    

• Like 3

We do have a lot of games apart from Swansea against teams that have nothing to play for..  And traditionally at the end of the season lower clubs tend to suddenly start winning..  However I just think it will be too little too late, if we had just won a couple of the previous games or not had the 6pts deduction I think we may have had a chance but with this squad unless they turn up every game like they did against Cardiff we have no hope..

• Like 1

It's so obvious we are staying up.

We bottomed out in December 2020, that was when we turned the corner.  

Mark my words, next season we'll be in the championship, and with money to spend.