Tammy Abraham

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Awful business-bought back Lukaku for near on 100m and ship a top player out for cheap! 

They’ll recoup most of that fee. Emerson pending to Lyon for £15m plus more out the door. Abramovich knows what he’s doing 

Lukaku is a machine but maybe you get 2/3 more years out of him at the very top level, not getting any younger.   Chelsea have crazy attacking options now so right Tammy has left.  I still think West Ham should have pushed boat out and gone for him, Antonio is almost glued together nowadays and they have no one behind him of any quality.  They create loads of chances and Abraham would score loads there.   Roma a good move for him though.

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate him?

Feel he's going to be another Welbeck type player.

Of course, i hope I'm totally wrong.

I think he's got more to him than Wellbeck. 

Have seen him once or twice in the flesh when on loan in the Championship and he was far, far too good for that level. 

Not sure he's quite at the level that Chelsea are right now tbh, but he's young enough to improve. 

Credit to the lad for taking the plunge and moving abroad though. Roma under Mourinho is not for the weak of heart. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yes I’m his cheerleader 

Fair enough.

You have supported him for a while on here. Hope it works out for him, seems like a decent lad. Roma weren't great last season & Mourinho has been a bit inconsistent lately too, it's an interesting move for him. 

On 08/04/2021 at 16:28, Bannofan said:

Yep, him, Hudson-Odoi and Loftus- Cheek have all done well for Chelsea and England, but they now seem to bit part players - usurped by big money foreign signings that haven't done as well as them - Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic and Werner for example.

I think it was Bayern that came in for Hudson-Odoi a couple of seasons ago, and fair play to the lad he wanted to go but Chelsea wouldn't let him.

Personally I would go abroad - doesn't seem to be doing Bellingham or Sancho any harm , let alone Tomori and even Chris Smalling and Ashley Young are Serie A regulars. 

There's life outside a nice fat premiership  reserves - loan out contract. Hopefully these Chelsea players will see others doing well and having a great life on the continent and consider it.

He took my advice!

Seriously,  what a smart move this is - going somewhere that wants him, living in a beautiful city and experiening a great culture. 

Just hope he gets on with Mourinho. 

35 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

He took my advice!

Seriously,  what a smart move this is - going somewhere that wants him, living in a beautiful city and experiening a great culture. 

Just hope he gets on with Mourinho. 

I hope it works out for him, as you say it should be a good move and a great experience for him but as others have said it is also a brave move.

Plenty of British players have gone to Italy with mixed success, even the best of them have struggled. As Ian Rush once said, he struggled to adapt as it was like living in a foreign country!

:duntmatter:

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I hope it works out for him, as you say it should be a good move and a great experience for him but as others have said it is also a brave move.

Plenty of British players have gone to Italy with mixed success, even the best of them have struggled. As Ian Rush once said, he struggled to adapt as it was like living in a foreign country!

:duntmatter:

We had a big gap between the 80s / early 90s of players not going abroad, or it was very rare. Really only started again frequently after Sancho’s success

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 19:11, The only way is S6 said:

All those years loaning him out paid dividends then.

Top striker, yet Tom Lees always had his number. Funny old game.

Lees didn't have his number when he scored 2 against us at Hillsborough for Bristol City. 

On 17/08/2021 at 15:45, Ellis Rimmer said:

Awful business-bought back Lukaku for near on 100m and ship a top player out for cheap! 

Didn't look that awful today. Lukaku is a different level to Abraham right now. If Abraham gets close to the striker Lukaku is now he will have done well.