Should the EFL itself be embargoed?

58 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

That's not true surely?? 
A decent web team for a big shopping website would cost under 200k per year to manage thousands of transactions a day, re-design the site and do active sales and marketing.

£6m would be enough to set up from scratch rival website to Tesco or the like (minus the actual products and delivery etc).

The EFl website could be run for under £100k a year I'd say.

Unless it's about iFollow...

If its about iFollow ot might be 6 million complaints rather than pounds.

Bloody ludicrous organisation

On a BBC news report the other week, a spokesman said they would not give out the names of clubs under embargo , to safeguard yadayada yada, although clubs names had been mentioned.

This is supposedly to look after clubs , players and supporters etc.

Now hark back to when Wednesday were last under an embargo....Owls fans found this out just after it was lifted.

These same Owls fans had also bought season tickets while unaware Wednesday were under embargo, meaning they might well have thought Wednesday were going to buy new players etc...not that they may well get a points deduction and sign sod all.

I would say the fans of these clubs have a bloody right to know whether the following season is going to be the abject crap we have had, before forking out their hard earned cash on a bloody forlorn hope....The EFL do a massive disservice to football supporters with this nonsense

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, Ian said:

Just had a very brief poke through their last posted accounts......best part of £6 million for “website development costs”....any web guru’s out their have a view on that figure?

Shaun Harvey.

Ill leave it there.

22 hours ago, Ian said:

Just had a very brief poke through their last posted accounts......best part of £6 million for “website development costs”....any web guru’s out their have a view on that figure?

I've worked for the likes of HSBC, Aviva, Barclays, Boots, Asda Walmart, Lloyds(/TSB), E.On and more, and none of these companies would be spending that kind of money, purely on web development, unless they were launching something brand new. And by brand new, I mean a brand new product that required all the complexities of an eCommerce based system and infrastructure, that couldn't fit within their current site or environment.

For a non-eCommerce based site, that is an astronomical figure. Put it this way, the site at https://www.efl.com/ could be run by a single person, day-in and day-out and they would probably spend most of their time twiddling their thumbs. I could build a site like that for well under £3k and get it live within about a week.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 19:13, MrTacoSWFC said:

Would you expect any less? We blame Chansiri for not having a clue, EFL is just as inept.

Clearly Chansiri did have a clue about the change regulations.