Reach!!...

Guest mrbluesky

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t get what he means here - ‘not much has changed in the last few months’

Well yes, you either accept or reject the contract, then something will change. 

He means that his representatives are still talking to the club.  Talks won't talk a few days; both parties will need to arrange when they can meet, then there will be the meetings,  and there will be offers and counter offers that they will need to go away and think about.  I have been involved in many contract talks in my professional (computing and IT) career - it can take ages.  

• Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan

“If my performances and the things that I do on the pitch are at a high level then there will always be interest from places, this club included."

But they're not at a high level. In fact your performances this season haven't even registered at an average level.

Feel free to find another club.

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He means that his representatives are still talking to the club.  Talks won't talk a few days; both parties will need to arrange when they can meet, then there will be the meetings,  and there will be offers and counter offers that they will need to go away and think about.  I have been involved in many contract talks in my professional (computing and IT) career - it can take ages.  

he’s either trying to negotiate a better one, speaking to other clubs or waiting to see what division we end up in - could be any of the above. Bannan seemed to sign his with much less back and forth. I don’t see how Reach stays after this season. He said he’s loved it here, bet he doesn’t read social media.

Edited by FreshOwl

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

HOW DO CLUBS SIGN PLAYERS AT THE LAST MINUTE ON TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THEN??

EHH???

HMMMMM????

WELL?????

lol

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

HOW DO CLUBS SIGN PLAYERS AT THE LAST MINUTE ON TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THEN??

EHH???

HMMMMM????

WELL?????

lol

Possibly been in talks that lasted from the first day the window opened to the last ?

lol

• Like 1

easily translated.....

if were still in the championship i'll get a better contract than in league 1 so i'll sit tight for the moment and see if a miracle does actually happen. Otherwise i'm off to Reading like joao where i'll become half decent again.

cheers

adam.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t get what he means here - ‘not much has changed in the last few months’

Well yes, you either accept or reject the contract, then something will change. 

Polite way of saying he’s off imo. 

Usually if players are staying they will probably say something along the lines of ‘we are still working through it’ 

Lets be honest, while he's been disappointing in this season there's ability in there and there will be no shortage of offers winging their way to his agent.

Why sign a deal when you can get a move on a free and you and your representatives can get a larger signing on fee from the new club because of the money they're saving on paying a fee.

I'll stand hanging if we have Adam Reach in the 3rd division.

• Like 2