Erik Alonso

Guest Grandad

I've read with interest what Wednesday fans thoughts were on this guy, and it's fair to say that you haven't bolstered my confidence much! It's hard to know what substance, if any, there is behind him and what his plans are. I think most Derby fans are in the same place : we know that a change of ownership is needed, due to Mel Morris recent ill-health and his long-held desire to have someone else to share the financial burden with, but are understandably concerned that we don't end up with another Cap'n Bob or Three Amigos combination of crookedness and incompetence. I don't know if there's any truth in the "imminent Administration" claim, since Morris was reported to have secured funding to get us through to the end of the season, but with no new actual income, nothing can be certain (I'm sure there's a few other EFL clubs teetering on the brink too).

We really just need to have the ownership uncertainty put behind us, along with this hellish season. It's bad enough not being able to go to the pub without your football team sucking what little joy you have left out of you, week-by-week. I expect the EFL will now drag their heels with approving the t/o so they get to slap a 12 point deduction on us after all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

I've read with interest what Wednesday fans thoughts were on this guy, and it's fair to say that you haven't bolstered my confidence much! It's hard to know what substance, if any, there is behind him and what his plans are. I think most Derby fans are in the same place : we know that a change of ownership is needed, due to Mel Morris recent ill-health and his long-held desire to have someone else to share the financial burden with, but are understandably concerned that we don't end up with another Cap'n Bob or Three Amigos combination of crookedness and incompetence. I don't know if there's any truth in the "imminent Administration" claim, since Morris was reported to have secured funding to get us through to the end of the season, but with no new actual income, nothing can be certain (I'm sure there's a few other EFL clubs teetering on the brink too).

We really just need to have the ownership uncertainty put behind us, along with this hellish season. It's bad enough not being able to go to the pub without your football team sucking what little joy you have left out of you, week-by-week. I expect the EFL will now drag their heels with approving the t/o so they get to slap a 12 point deduction on us after all.

Don't fear. Alonso puts lots of photos of himself on Instagram and engages well with the fans of clubs he  is shareholder of, advisor of  has heard of.

He also has a string of top class players   Thundercats stickers on his books.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

Could be worse mate, you could have our clueless owner  running your club. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't fear. Alonso puts lots of photos of himself on Instagram and engages well with the fans of clubs he  is shareholder of, advisor of  has heard of.

He also has a string of top class players   Thundercats stickers on his books.

He does seem the type 😄

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Could be worse mate, you could have our clueless owner  running your club. 

Some fans think we do.........but I think most realise that he's had the best interest of the club at heart, made mistakes, but also been let down by a number of managers and allot of players. He's had poo luck too at times. 

• Like 2

Nothing about Alonso comes across as credible. Wasn't he trying to flog PPE to the NHS back at the start of the pandemic?

My gut tells me this is going to go badly for Derby, but of course as it's Wednesday it'll no doubt to turn out to be amazing for them.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Wasn't his business partner a manager in a shop that sold sex toys?

Like West Ham owners.

20 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

The 100% truth is that Wednesday fans don’t have a single idea of what Alonso really is or has 

Not a clue

Take the paranoia from our fans on this one with a huge grain of salt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ipswich and Derby both got takeovers today

Anyone STILL wanna trot out the old ‘nobody would buy a football club right now’ nonsense?

Nobody will buy one about to be relegated to the 3rd division for £350million