Momentum for next season

Regardless of what league we are in next season, a string of good results now will do the world of good. 

For those players that are staying it will help with confidence, and for us fans it will give us some positivity. 

So if you are in the “too late now” camp, just consider the impact it will have on next season and enjoy every goal and point. It’s all we have and we have to build from it. 

UTO

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Regardless of what league we are in next season, a string of good results now will do the world of good. 

For those players that are staying it will help with confidence, and for us fans it will give us some positivity. 

So if you are in the “too late now” camp, just consider the impact it will have on next season and enjoy every goal and point. It’s all we have and we have to build from it. 

UTO

Also helps a little with summer recruitment if we’re a side playing good football with a manager that players actually want to play for. We might be competing with some championship sides for players and we need to make signing for us in league 1 an appealing option.  Moore and his style of football can help with that, as can the ££ of course 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would also help my mood in the summer

Me too. Think this is the more important aspect, raise some optimism from fans when Chansiri comes cap in hand for ticket money to watch L1 football. 

I have doubts whether momentum carries through a preseason in which there will be massive changes.

However, ending the season on a high will give the club a boost, make fans more positive which should result in more season tickets sold, shirts purchased etc which will fund the transfer kitty.

• Like 1

Like I said it always better to win then lose but I think if we do go down it will be quickly forgotten beyond about 2 days that we ended the season in good form.

No one will say we might have gone down to the 3rd level again for 3rd time in less then 20 years but they is a smile on my face because we managed a few good results v Cardiff and QPR when we were already 90% down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crookesowl said:

UTO

I think we witnessed what the future will hold for us on Tuesday evening.

I believe it is too late now, but if we can continue to put performances like that in, the the future is bright, the future is Blue and White.

41 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wednesday have won 2 in the last 11 games. Form is awful. They played really well on Monday, but it needs forgetting about ASAP. You get the same points for a 1-0 as you do for a 5-0. 

i prefer to look at it as 2 wins in last 3, and as the new manager hasn’t been in charge for 11 games it’s more meaningful to say 2 wins and a draw in the 7 games under the current set up. As what happened before Moore took over was a different coaching/training regime. 

It would be a bit like if Fergie took over at the pigs, won 5 out of 5 games but people said, yeah but the team is rubbish as they’ve only won 5 from the last 30 games.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wednesday have won 2 in the last 11 games. Form is awful. They played really well on Monday, but it needs forgetting about ASAP. You get the same points for a 1-0 as you do for a 5-0. 

In once sense I agree, the team needs to put the match behind them and focus on the next game and then the next one after that. 
As a fan though I’m going to remember it for as long as I can because it’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a game of football as much as that. I’ll need the warm glow of that memory to carry me through the undoubted ups and downs ahead!

• Like 1

I’ve not bought into that result from Monday yet. This squad has been consistently bobbar for 3 years, and although i sincerely hope I’m wrong, it wouldn’t surprise me if we got dicked 3 or 4 at QPR. 

• Like 2