Pato/Patts

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I see the mention of his name has brought you back to life anyway 

While ever there’s people trying to perpetuate the myth that Nuhiu, averaging just over 5 league goals a season for us, is being missed then I’m quite happy to put the record straight 

7 hours ago, vulva said:

Said it at the time, really good signing. A few more like this lad and we wouldn’t be bottom 3. If we go down , I’d be very surprised if some Championship clubs don’t come in for him. 

Probably off to Man City to replace Aguero after firing Scotland to Euro glory this summer?

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

We've signed the new "Mickey Quinn" for those that remember him. 

Awkward, dosent look like a footballer, but scores goals. 

The Championships answer to David Platt. Thankfully, he is now playing in his best position, where he can influence the game more. He has three attributes. He gets stuck in; he charges forward into space; HE SCORES GOALS. His control is inconsistent; he can’t really dribble; and his passing is good inside 10 yards, poor any longer. However, as a team player, he brings so much and is definitely an asset to any team in the Champ, including those up at the top. If and when he plays for us in Lge1, he could score 15+ from midfield. I guarantee he will be straight back in the Scotland squad.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ian said:

While ever there’s people trying to perpetuate the myth that Nuhiu, averaging just over 5 league goals a season for us, is being missed then I’m quite happy to put the record straight 

You just keep howling at the moon.

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Yeah I think we struggle to keep him if/when we go down. He gets the Nuhiu treatment from many fans as he can be up and down in a game never mind a season but another one to be missed when they go. If he wants to get back into the Scotland team he won’t want league one football.

I like the Nuhiu comparison - similarly ungainly player who gets a lot of unfair flak from fans.

He'd get a taker in this league if we go down.

6 hours ago, Ian said:

It was actually just over 6 goals per season he averaged, but taking into account a couple of seasons we had 6 strikers on the books so he got a lot less game time, 40 goals in the 6 seasons wasn't so bad.

10 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

He's a big daft Scots lad I reckon he'll stay even if we go down just for the crack.

I had to laugh at this especially as most of my best mates are Jocks, it's so true and wouldn't surprise me, they're very loyal too(Fletcher aside).

Hope he stays, he'll be great in L1.

4 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

I had a bar in Scotland for nine years, they work hard and play hard and mostly they're a sound lot. Its all about the crack.

Whereabouts was your bar mate?
Was it in a small town or somewhere crazy like Glasgow City Centre?

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

It was actually just over 6 goals per season he averaged, but taking into account a couple of seasons we had 6 strikers on the books so he got a lot less game time, 40 goals in the 6 seasons wasn't so bad.

Nice try......40 goals in 6 seasons for a forward is rubbish.

Given that he was here 7 that's even worse. Like I say, not even 6 a season

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Nice try......40 goals in 6 seasons for a forward is rubbish.

Given that he was here 7 that's even worse. Like I say, not even 6 a season

According to transfermarkt.co.uk Nuhiu played a total of 13,825 mins for us across all comps and seasons. He returned 50 goals and 27 assists in that time averaging a goal every 276.5 minutes (1 in 3 return). If you count assistst he was involved in a goal for us every 179.5 minutes  (1 in just under every 2 games) 

Not actually bad that really when you consider he was used as more of a late sub for a large portion of his time here. 

Obv stats can be used to make anyone better, but he did actually do okay for us overall when averaging out his contribution. Theres been better players for sure, but theres also been bigger names and reputations come through the doors at Hillsborough that have been a hell of a lot worse than him. 

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
On 07/04/2021 at 01:03, reggae said:

Been speaking with Mr paterson tonight and he is a very happy and focused lad. 

He's Patts to the team. And literally no idea where pato has come from. But literally no probs with being pato. 

I don't care. 

I'll bet he becomes a Wednesday legend. Especially if the worst happens in last few games. 

30 goals in league one next year ?

Yep. 

#wawaw #pato 

Never seen or heard him called pato anyway..where did that come from?