Rhodes goals return

I know it’s too late, as he will probably be leaving at the end of the season, but Rhodes goals return per minute is excellent this season, in a poor team. 

164 minutes per goal - at that rate he’d be on 21 goals by now if playing every minute. 

let’s hope this season carries on for the rest of the season. 

7046B1A4-6132-45FD-A1C0-603EBF4C9D51.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, pat blondeau said:

He was on loan at Norwich when Agnew and Bruce were here so you can’t include those in the list but he’s been criminally underused by the others.

Pulis and Monk treatment of Rhodes this season was a disgrace 

Correct i forgot about his loan spell. Where he was loved !

I used to be a goalkeeper, was once injured for most of a season, so towards the end when there was nothing to play for, the manager sent me on up front for the last 3 minutes of a game. I scored in a goal mouth scramble. 

Never bothered playing me up front again though, despite my 1 goal every 3 minutes strike rate. 

Saying Rhodes would have banged in 21 goals so far this season is absurd. The manager's, club, players around him have never been set up for him to do that. 

• Haha 1

Yesterday Rhodes scored a good goal, kept the ball out of the net in a goalmouth scramble and headed the ball away as it was on its way to Keifer Moore’s head (taking a blow to the back of his head for his effort). 
He is a much improved player all round and miles better up top than any of our other choices. If I didn’t know who he was and was on loan from elsewhere I’d be saying sign him up. 
There is a bit of the way we are playing is better for him, and maybe he is also playing to get another Championship club interested but at least it’s to our benefit now. 
I do wonder if he’s realised he’s close to being the top championship scorer ever and just fancies getting a few more goals under his belt?

All in all he should have started more games this season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pound for pound, probably the worst signing we've ever made and that's crackers considering it is Jordan Rhodes.  That's not entirely on him, we've not played to his strengths and it was such a bizarre signing at the time considering the strikers we had. 

I know it should be a given, but it's refreshing to see him giving his all for the cause when you consider others in a similar situation faked injuries to protect their own interests.

Edited by Bassetts Allsorts
  • Like 2

There was one piece of play that is often overlooked, in the second half after a Cardiff attack the ball broke to Rhodes on half way towards the north stand, there was nothing on but he managed to get his body between ball and defender and drew a free kick in the way Hooper used to do expertly, thus reliving the pressure.  He does this quite a lot.

• Like 8

He would’ve been a success here had managers had formulated a system to play to his strengths. None with the exception of Moore ever have.

7 games under Moore, 4 goals and 1 assist and I think there is a very good chance he’ll add to this before the season’s out.

• Like 4

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Pound for pound, probably the worst signing we've ever made and that's crackers considering it is Jordan Rhodes.  That's not entirely on him, we've not played to his strengths and it was such a bizarre signing at the time considering the strikers we had. 

I know it should be a given, but it's refreshing to see him giving his all for the cause when you consider others in a similar situation faked injuries to protect their own interests.

Abdi was definitely worse value for money

7 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

There was one piece of play that is often overlooked, in the second half after a Cardiff attack the ball broke to Rhodes on half way towards the north stand, there was nothing on but he managed to get his body between ball and defender and drew a free kick in the way Hooper used to do expertly, thus reliving the pressure.  He does this quite a lot.

Interesting that his goals per minute are not far behind Forestieri and very close to Fletcher.

What amazes me about that table is that Adam Reach has scored six goals. I honestly assumed yesterday's goals were his first for the season - I literally have no recollection of any of the others.

I just looked on Soccerbase to see when he scored and I can't visualise any of them. I can visualise his handball to save a certain goal at home to Reading though...