Was today’s game the “Bannan Game”?

In 1993, I was one of the lucky fans to witness a 5-0 win that was a fantastic team performance where, arguably, our best player of that era was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch. That game became known as the “Waddle Game”.
Today, albeit via Sky TV,  I was one of the lucky fans to witness a 5-0 win that was a fantastic team performance where, arguably, our best player of this era was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch. Was Bannan good enough today for today’s game to be known as the “Bannan Game”?

• Like 3

I also went to that game. 
Was an immense performance. 
Not sure Cardiff were at that level. 
However You can only play what’s in front of you. He was immense. Whilst he and Lees perform at that level there always hope. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

He’s been carrying us for 3 years..must have a bad back...he will make it his personal mission to get us back up next year if we did go down

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I confess to being a Bannan critic. More to do with us being so one dimensional in games and always going through him, rather than a criticism of his ability. His set pieces are often wasteful and he plays too many long balls.

But today, he was utterly utterly immense. I honestly think it’s the best performance from an individual Wednesday player in 20+ years. Looked a £50m+ player! :Chansiri:

Maybe we’ve finally found the shape that maximises his potential?

Edited by HillsboroughOwlNI

35 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

He was on a different level to everyone else on the pitch. 
In fairness he was the stand out player against Watford aswell.

Any chance he would stay and try and get us back up?

He’s been our stand out player for a while, but not played effectively in his holding role behind midfield... He needs to be played in an attacking position feeding through balls to 2 (not 1) strikers...

• Like 1

Outstanding performance. A performance which demonstrated his worth within the system.

sometimes you need systems and set ups which accommodate players and works to their strengths. We saw that tonight.

It helps when there is movement off the ball for Bannan to use his passing range as opposed to players standing like statues.

He has set the standard now going forwards

• Like 5