- We smash Cardiff 5-0

- It's obvious the quality is there

- Monk talks of a 'business plan'

- No player contract stability 

- But then they go and do that

So what is it?

DC obviously hasn't a clue.

But also, the players are capable when arsed

Would the players have given so many dud performances with fans in the ground?

Just exactly what is DC's so-called business plan?

I don't get it

Any ideas?

For me its pretty simple. 

Our recruitment hasn't matched our managers since Dc took over. 

We've been signing technical/neat and tidy  players who work best playing simple pass and move football and forwards that need quick crosses from out wide. 

Then we get managers in who insist on playing either all out defensive /counter attack or long ball systems of which especially our midfield are not built for.

We now have finally got a manager who likes/has a style that suits who he has available and 80% of them are out of contract lol only Wednesday only Dc. 

I genuinely could not believe what I was watching yesterday. 

The 2nd worst team in the league were suddenly full of quality, confident on the ball, aggressive off it and very clinical.

I would love to think that this is the start of a legendary survival push, but sadly I think it is just one of those weird footballing anomalies.  Didn't West Brom pump 5 past Chelsea last weekend too?  

If Brum pick up anything tonight then our position hasn't changed, although the boost to our goal difference virtually adds another point to our tally.

This result feels a bit like when we beat Burnley away 7 2 last game of the season when we were already relegated. Freak results happen sometimes. The annoying thing is, we know this squad is capable of much better performances than they've produced/been allowed to produce this season.

Guest Andy W
14 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

It’s a great result and an excellent performance 

it sometimes happens. Not to such devastating effect as today but it can happen 

It may be a one off but I think we may be starting to see the influence and effect of Darren Moore and his staff. I really hope so

On another thread I posted Bannan for all his technical ability struggles to impose himself on games. Today he did just that and to me that looked like the result of the coaches decision to move him forward a little and “ do damage” 

It worked a treat

The next game will be the absolute key

If we put in a good performance and get another win it could be a very interesting last few games

lets see 

The only interesting think left this season is to see when relegation is confirmed...I'm guessing by end of Aptil at the latest

13 hours ago, Joe Sunburn said:

It’s obviously the ol’  Dodge business model. Make shiyit cars for years then spring a Hellcat on ‘em. 

I know a lot of Mopar guys who’d argue with that but I understand your sentiment pal.

Guest LondonOwl313

This next week is the key.. tonight Brentford vs Birmingham, hard game for them and 100% need a Brentford win.

Then Saturday Birmingham vs Stoke and QPR vs Wednesday.  We have to win our game and need Birmingham to not win.

Then Wednesday vs Swansea next week we have to not lose.

If all of that happens, which is possible, we’d be 3 points or less behind Birmingham with a superior goal difference and 5 games left. Anything could happen at that point.

4 hours ago, S1Owl said:

They either been inspired by DM and playing for him thinking they can get out of this or putting themselves in the shop window incase we go down. 

I don't buy the shop window theory. 

That yesterday was not only individuals playing to their best ability it was an emphatic team performance. I don't think get that from individuals trying to impress scouts on the stands or watching on the Tele.