Darren Moore

16 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Pity he hasn’t had the impact Bowyer has had at Birmingham as they looked poor before he arrived.

I think our deep, inherent problems are something that a 'new manager bounce' are too far to affect.  

Moore today just looked exasperated at times.  This is not to say I feel sorry for him, he took the job, but I think it is definitely harder than he could have envisioned.  

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Have a bad feeling clueless Chansiri will blame Moore for us going down and sack or not renew his contract. 

Wudnt bother me one iorta tbh

Guest Kameron
8 hours ago, Django said:

I think he’ll be gone this summer

Fingers crossed because he’s another ******** poor manager, just because he’s slightly less poo than Pulis and Joss doesn’t make him a good manager.

Genuinely can't believe some of the comments on here and online of the amount of crap I've read about Darren Moore, fans thinking he's usless because he cant perform a miracle with these usless set of players.

I'm for one quite like Darren Moore and encouraged by how he is trying to get us to play, in some games we've looked half decent at times going forward.

He needs time and his own players in. Next season to stabilise in league one second season to go up.

DC is the failure at our club not Darren Moore.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Genuinely can't believe some of the comments on here and online of the amount of crap I've read about Darren Moore, fans thinking he's usless because he cant perform a miracle with these usless set of players.

I'm for one quite like Darren Moore and encouraged by how he is trying to get us to play, in some games we've looked half decent at times going forward.

He needs time and his own players in. Next season to stabilise in league one second season to go up.

Agreed. Moore at least deserves a bit of time and a preseason to get his team and ideas in play. This squad of poo and bottlers isn’t his doing. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Absolutely, DC recruited this awful unbalanced squad, allowed contracts to run down, creating a disinterest, unmotivated group of players.

I'm not sure what Moore could do differently with this group. I like what he's trying to do tactics wise, let's be fair, passing the ball is basic, the fact certain players can't or can't be bothered to do it is on them.

The bigger question is whether moore will have the necessary control over recruitment, without the chuckle brothers meddling. 

There are 18 players out of contract in about 6 weeks. Moore will then have about 2 months to sign players and get them playing as a team. If I was him I'd say thanks but no thanks.

46 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

DC is the failure at our club, not Darren Moore.

Watching SSN for the last few games pundits watching us have said we are playing like a team who should be further up the table, it was said last night. Then we concede and the confidence and heads drop and it's game over.

On 05/04/2021 at 20:58, Jim said:

Chuffed for him tonight as there were obvious signs of improvement but I think there had been signs of improvement before tonight TBH even though it wasn’t that obvious in the results.

I think he’s found his strongest outfield line-up by and large in the last three games though Pelupessy or Hutchinson could easily be a part of it?

He obviously feels having Rhodes, Windass and Paterson on the pitch at the same time is a game changer.

I’ve said before he’s the right man for this job. Hopefully we can have a strong finish to the season to show the majority of fans that he is.

The snag with this argument is that the trio is not a game changer. We are nowhere near having a strong end to the season btw.

11 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

By replacing a lot of the players - something DM hasn’t had the opportunity to do. Yet.

I agree. He would have signed 10 players in January and kept us up. Chansiri was never gonna allow that. And in the long run did we really want that type of football? They would have all needed replacing again at the end of the year when a new football minded manager came in.

Lets be honest Chansiri gambled. He thought we’d stay up this season then he could go again in the summer. It’s backfired big time. And it’s all his own doing.

Monk shouldn’t have been here. He shouldn’t have appointed Pulis. Thompson was kept too long and Moore had no chance.

IMO he has to back Moore in what he wants to do in the summer and hope we have enough to push for top 6 next year otherwise it could end up being another long season but this time at bottom end of league one 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, darra said:

Watching SSN for the last few games pundits watching us have said we are playing like a team who should be further up the table, it was said last night. Then we concede and the confidence and heads drop and it's game over.

That is the mark of a relegated club. Bright football, no results. Inability to score and no clean sheets. Playing pretty football is no improvement if the results are dire.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, striker said:

Absolutely, DC recruited this awful unbalanced squad, allowed contracts to run down, creating a disinterest, unmotivated group of players.

I'm not sure what Moore could do differently with this group. I like what he's trying to do tactics wise, let's be fair, passing the ball is basic, the fact certain players can't or can't be bothered to do it is on them.

The bigger question is whether moore will have the necessary control over recruitment, without the chuckle brothers meddling. 

He could have done a lot differently. For a start, he might not have made on arrival a change to the system just because he likes it. You play a system to suit the players. His record here is appalling. 

• Like 1