Darren Moore

You just can't work these players out ...one week they are gutless and not interested then the next you get this...I think contracts not being tied up is helping anyone really.

The last 3 games though I've seen a plan and six points from Barnsley Watford and Cardiff is huge ...should have has at least a point from Watford too.

QPR will now be the test.

• Like 1

He is the only manager in recent times I am confident of turning the club around. He has showed that he has the players on side and his tactics are working, he has only had a couple of weeks to bring in his ideas and they are working. Lets hope he can bring a change of fortune. Hope he gets to bring in the players he wants not the transfer team

13 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Some of the initial bed wetting from some on here was totally uncalled for. The problems at this club are not solved overnight.

tonight you’ve seen a glimpse into the Moore era - it will not be perfect every week and sometimes the tactic may backfire but at least there is a clear blue print for this football club as opposed to falling from the one perch to the other. I’d much rather see a side showing it knows what it wants to do as opposed to some of the mind numbing crap I’ve seen over the last 18 months.

that was the most comprehensive performance I’ve seen from Wednesday in the seven years I’ve taken to this club.

players understanding their roles, players comfortable in possession, retaining defensive solidity in possession, creating overloads out wide, movement off the ball, regular switching of play to shift the opposition and service into the forwards.

This is a bloody solid Cardiff side who Mick has turned into an efficient, effective outfit. They’ve been tore a new one tonight.

Big Dave’s barmy army!

Bostin post Liam 

• Like 2

Very proud of the team yesterday. They played some really pleasing and incisive football. The movement was first class and the energy levels were high and we looked threatening going forward, something that we have have not been able to say for most of the season. Whether we can win say five of the remaining matches needs to be seen, but Moore seems to be getting the players to respond. If only we had appointed him earlier instead of that disaster that was Pulis, the season would have been more enjoyable.

3 hours ago, darra said:

Still not sure about playing out from the back though. A couple of heart in mouth moments yesterday.

I know what you mean, but the best way to improve at it is by persisting. 

There are plenty of times when I see teams do it (much better than us) and I can't believe they didn't just hoof it. It's high risk approach. 

But hey, it is what Moore wants and the more we keep at it the better we will get at it. 

The key is movement really, making sure you've got one or two options available to the man on the ball. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

How's the boss getting on? 

When is he allowed back into work?

It was announced he'd tested positive on the 2nd I think, so 10 days isolation would take him to the 11th or 12th depending on what day his test was.

• Thanks 1

For me it's a correlation of, for the first time since Carlos season 1 Dc hasn't saddled us with a dire defensive manager. 

This group needed someone to play simple pass and move, get it out wide to the wings and whip balls into the danger area. Moore has take the shackles off as the saying goes. These last few games we've started to play with a bit of freedom which bodes really well. Getting Moore in is looking like the bright spot of this season, well if Dc dosent sack him for failing to get us promoted anyway. 

On 05/04/2021 at 20:26, Bluewings said:

Agreed.

Nice to see attacking football instead of aimless hooooooooof.

I couldn't believe what I was watching. This was such a stark change from the matches I'd seen all season and most of last I couldn't believe my eyes.

Can't get too carried away and expecting a perfect performance like that from now on every week, but god was that refreshing to watch. 

Even if we go down I'll be happy watching football like that and hopefully we'll make our way back up again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hookowl said:

It was announced he'd tested positive on the 2nd I think, so 10 days isolation would take him to the 11th or 12th depending on what day his test was.

Unless he has a mild dose which I had and was ill for three weeks...by ill meant I couldn't walk upstairs without struggling for breath

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Unless he has a mild dose which I had and was ill for three weeks...by ill meant I couldn't walk upstairs without struggling for breath

I was just going on the reports that he had tested positive for covid, rather than he had contracted covid.

Also reported he was involved with the training sessions and matchday talks via skype.

Obviously if he is ill it would possibly be longer before he is back at work.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I was just going on the reports that he had tested positive for covid, rather than he had contracted covid.

Also reported he was involved with the training sessions and matchday talks via skype.

Obviously if he is ill it would possibly be longer before he is back at work.

Yeah I hope so...takes a couple of months to get over it.

• Like 1

We saw how he switched it around against Barnsley. That for me is as important as how we played against Cardiff. What will be the next test is when teams now play cynically against Bannan and play him or bully/hack him out of the game. 

We don't have  enough games to drop many points and I'm still pretty sure we will go down, but how he deals with Bannan being closed down will be interesting ..it means other players will need to step up and hold that midfield.