Darren Moore

57 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You could tell there were tactics. I made a thread on here months and months ago about how we looked aimless at throw ins and not knowing what to do, and how things like that were important.

Look at our third goal. The movement and associated passing from the through was clearly rehearsed to allow an player to break inside with the ball and deliver a switch. Good work on training ground.

Then when Palmer gets the ball, there's rehearsed movement from Patterson and Rhodes in the box. Palmer doesn't have to look up because the coaching has probably been "deliver one of these two or three crosses into X area, someone will be there". Good work on training ground.

One thing we haven't been in our forward play since really Year 1 under Carlos, is decisive with passing choice and attacking movement. It's all seemed a bit haphazard and hopefully.

Many of our goals today were clean. Real clean. Quality only gets you so far, coaching of gameplan makes it tidy. We looked tidy.

Great post

The Paterson goal, was like Wallace and pudil linking up against Arsenal 

• Like 2

Looks like the coaches are actually working with the player now rather than getting pissed in the dressing room during training sessions. Big improvements in every area of the play, not just today but I’ve noticed over the last few games. 

22 minutes ago, Steve1212 said:

Looks like the coaches are actually working with the player now rather than getting pissed in the dressing room during training sessions. Big improvements in every area of the play, not just today but I’ve noticed over the last few games. 

Not sure there is a clear blueprint- that’s the problem. We don’t know if Moore will be able to do what he wants.

Before yesterday even at the Watford defeat there were clear signs of improvement.

Regardless of which division we are in next season DC needs to give DM the tools to do his job and let him have a fair chance with a proper pre season and a full season in charge. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

You say it likes thats a bad thing.....

As i said, if DM can get this lot firing, imagine when he gets more of his own players in.

I’d bet there are very few of last night’s 10 starting outfielders Moore would want to leave. He isn’t going to be given the funds to replace with anywhere near their quality.

Just really hope he’s here next season, regardless of what league we are in. 

Not sure of his contract situation but if another club doesn’t come and poach him and barring another bruce situation, I’d be very happy with him here next season and confident we would be able to bounce straight back.

11 hours ago, Mr Mercury said:

I’ve been buzzing about his appointment since he arrived, irrelevant of relegation ( which looked nailed on ...) .

Genuinely hope and pray we stick with him long term - got a really really good feeling about his tenure - chairman aside .

Go DM 👍🏻

We're in agreement Simon. At some point in time we have to stick with a manager. 

We have no real idea how this appointment came about but for once we seem to have done our homework and got it right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Actually showing some really positive signs he is turning us round.

Weve had some tough games in the last 5, norwich, watford, barnsley and today and maybe desrved more points than we actually got.

If hes got the current lot (who have been dire all season) to start to play like a team, then the future is actually looking a lot brighter.

I was having a look at the 3rd division before todays game and despite many on here saying we will struggle, there is nothing there for us to be worried about at all. The early signs are that we will be ok next season in my opinion

Agreed!
Very positive signs

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Actually showing some really positive signs he is turning us round.

Weve had some tough games in the last 5, norwich, watford, barnsley and today and maybe desrved more points than we actually got.

If hes got the current lot (who have been dire all season) to start to play like a team, then the future is actually looking a lot brighter.

I was having a look at the 3rd division before todays game and despite many on here saying we will struggle, there is nothing there for us to be worried about at all. The early signs are that we will be ok next season in my opinion

Apart from having no squad left next season 

Going on last seasons cut back premier league prices for premier league quality 

chansiri will be announcing an affiliation with the dog and duck 

and signing their over 35s tap room team 

Movement into space ahead of the ball. Give and go, pass and move. It’s isn’t difficult, it is the fundamental of football, a team sport. The Rhodes goal exemplified this. Bannan produced an exceptional piece of skill to beat his man, but when he ran forward with the ball he had three options, all in different areas of the pitch. Cardiff did not know where to go. Then two, simple passes and a straight forward side foot into the net.

When you have options, football is an easy game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

We're in agreement Simon. At some point in time we have to stick with a manager. 

We have no real idea how this appointment came about but for once we seem to have done our homework and got it right.

Too true mate - fingers crossed !

• Like 1

When he was first at WBA I thought he was a cheap option - a fan favourite who was bought in to try and keep the noise down whilst they found another manager. 

First management role in the Premier League and then into the Championship and he did really well, win % was decent and was probably unlucky to get the sack. 

Then goes onto Donny. First proper test managerially and to stop the questions about just having a decent squad at WBA and anybody could do well. Similar win %, even when in consecutive seasons their best players were sold on. 

Comes here, look like we have a plan, first 5 goal win in I can't remember how long, great away win against a rival near the top of the league. 

Really promising and I've got a really good feeling about him. 

If he keeps us up it will be a miracle and I for one will be building a shrine to Saint Darren. 

• Like 2

Fingers crossed that DM is still here for the start of next season and that he is given the necessary support to be able to put together a squad that can compete - whether it be the Championship or League One

I really enjoyed yesterday’s performance. We looked like a good footballing side for the first time since Bruce left in my opinion.

The level of performance reminded me of the 2-1 defeat to Villa under Bruce back in March 2019. We were fantastic that day, with players giving their all and playing strong attacking football. Yes we lost that game, but the intensity and assurance of our football was very similar to what we saw yesterday.

Hugely encouraging and I really hope we build on it whatever league we’re in next season. Chansiri just needs to let Moore do the recruiting and look after that side of things. Just give him a decent chance to operate with a respectable budget. No interfering, leave it to Moore to get right.

• Like 1