3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Could it be that we've finally got a manager who actually has a clue?

This ^ we’ve been shackled with some dodgy managers, even Carlos was a bit dubious and we should have got better.  

Imagine if Wednesday got themselves a good manager?  Could be a game changer 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

This ^ we’ve been shackled with some dodgy managers, even Carlos was a bit dubious and we should have got better.  

Imagine if Wednesday got themselves a good manager?  Could be a game changer 

It’s not difficult, today we kept it on the ground, as we did under Carlos in season one. 

I’ve been buzzing about his appointment since he arrived, irrelevant of relegation ( which looked nailed on ...) .

Genuinely hope and pray we stick with him long term - got a really really good feeling about his tenure - chairman aside .

Go DM 👍🏻

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Actually showing some really positive signs he is turning us round.

Weve had some tough games in the last 5, norwich, watford, barnsley and today and maybe desrved more points than we actually got.

If hes got the current lot (who have been dire all season) to start to play like a team, then the future is actually looking a lot brighter.

I was having a look at the 3rd division before todays game and despite many on here saying we will struggle, there is nothing there for us to be worried about at all. The early signs are that we will be ok next season in my opinion

Do you think half of the starting 11 will stay if we go down? Could be a totally different squad. This squad is more than good enough but not sure the likes of bannan, Rhodes and reach will be happy in L1... As well as a few on the bench or currently injured. 

18 minutes ago, trev said:

Looks like we actually... finally...eventually..are starting to play with a game plan, an identity. 

Playing out from the back is of course dangerous, but it has huge benefits too. 

I've always said id rather watch us try to play attacking football and stick to it. Even if it takes a while to see the results. 

Hopefully Moore can be the manager to get us playing good football. 

Agree with your post. Also, I don’t think DM is obsessed with “playing out from the back”for philosophy’s sake like Brighton (which makes them so easy to play against) DM appears to want to “make the pitch bigger” in the way that Pep does, therefore making more time & space to play the ball forward and isolating our forward players 1 v 1. This worked perfectly today. He showed against Barnsley that he has a plan B against the high press. I rate his coaching staff very highly and see DM as the figurehead and the leader. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would he have had much input on today’s game? 

Eh ?

strange comment - he’s the manager .....

Ok - he’s in isolation but the 

Sky comments and interviews with his assistants said he was constantly on zoom / phone etc

Has definitely got it right moving Patterson back into midfield - he’s a lot more effective arriving late in the box.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Hutch in midfield but it worked today and I haven’t seen him push forward like that and join in with the attacks for a long time.

Question now is whether it was a flash in the pan or something we can build on. Too little too late? Who the F knows 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

Actually showing some really positive signs he is turning us round.

Weve had some tough games in the last 5, norwich, watford, barnsley and today and maybe desrved more points than we actually got.

If hes got the current lot (who have been dire all season) to start to play like a team, then the future is actually looking a lot brighter.

I was having a look at the 3rd division before todays game and despite many on here saying we will struggle, there is nothing there for us to be worried about at all. The early signs are that we will be ok next season in my opinion

But most of this lot will be gone by then.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Has definitely got it right moving Patterson back into midfield - he’s a lot more effective arriving late in the box.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Hutch in midfield but it worked today and I haven’t seen him push forward like that and join in with the attacks for a long time.

Question now is whether it was a flash in the pan or something we can build on. Too little too late? Who the F knows 

Spot on about Paterson, his goals can be useful from midfield Don’t think he has enough of a forwards attributes to playing up front He’s much better coming onto the ball Not having a target man, means we have to play the ball with purpose in to feet Even with Fletcher, who actually was a good target man, our attacking play became far too limited

• Like 3

That's the best football from us in a few seasons.

Slim pickings I know, but every aspect of that performance was spot on.

The most pleasing thing for me today was how desperate we were to keep that clean sheet. Proper dugged in.

• Like 7