Wildsmith

5 hours ago, Bigaltheowl said:

Goallie keeper ????

Sorry, predictive test, should say goal keeper, anything else to say in response to the post? If you're a goal keeper, you look forward to being tested and showing how good you are. Wildsmith like Dawson, when required to perform are like a rabbit in headlights, they freeze, both useless and anyone who watches Wednesday knows this, do you agree?

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Was he actually that good though when he first deputised for KW? I just remember him playing in games where we were mostly on top because we were one of the top sides in the league.. can’t say I remember having great games, he just didn’t have much to do 

Agree with you, how many games do you see Wildsmith or Dawson being congratulated by their team mates, in the game or at the end of the match?It's clear to see the frustration on some players faces when we concide a goal, don't believe many players have faith in both of them. Would love to know what Nicky Weaver is doing in training with Wildsmith.

14 hours ago, morganowl said:

was it against qpr maybe 4 years ago when he let in 2 absolute howlers in the kop new? 

3 years ago away at QPR. 3 down after 15 mins, 2 clearly Wildsmith fault.

It's like groundhog day watching Wednesday. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Contract he's on likely means he'll be with us next year. I expect it'll be Wildsmith and Westwood that leave. Personally I've not given up on Dawson just yet but for sure there's work to do.

dawson would have to be back up as there aint any way he will leave. wildsmith and westwood must leave this summer.

7 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

Agree with you, how many games do you see Wildsmith or Dawson being congratulated by their team mates, in the game or at the end of the match?It's clear to see the frustration on some players faces when we concide a goal, don't believe many players have faith in both of them. Would love to know what Nicky Weaver is doing in training with Wildsmith.

weaver might as well go to pub with wildsmith for a few hours before a game ,he couldnt be worse drunk. 

Why are we not starting KW in these last few games? Slim chance at staying up anyway so cannot afford any mistakes...Wildsmith very poor yesterday , should of saved the first 2 and after that was game over. That’s all it takes to throw the game away, different GK saves those 2 efforts and maybe were 1-0 up after 50 minutes. Totally different game then.

One of only criticisms I have of DM so far, even though I suspect he’s been starting him due to our improved form and didn’t want to change the team. 

Wildsmith did some good things yesterday, a couple of saves, decent with his feet, but it's not often GK's are beaten by headers from the penalty spot and the second goal was a mistake, which effectively cost the game.

That said, I don't think any of the three are good enough. GK and every other position on the pitch needs attention in the summer transfer window.

9 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

Sorry, predictive test, should say goal keeper, anything else to say in response to the post? If you're a goal keeper, you look forward to being tested and showing how good you are. Wildsmith like Dawson, when required to perform are like a rabbit in headlights, they freeze, both useless and anyone who watches Wednesday knows this, do you agree?

Probably right ,think also quality of players in front of them not what it was 

• Like 1

Dawson is under contact until 2024, Wildsmith still has another year left too so unless some absolute nutcase decides to take either off our hands they will be our keepers next year. 

Out of the two I'd go with Dawson as there  might still be something to salvage with him. Wildsmith is done, I'm afraid, hasn't improved at all since he first broke through into the first team and I just can't see any signs of that ever happening. Ship him out on loan next season if anyone will have him and bring in a Bywater type.