Wildsmith

18 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

The problem he has is that he's scared to venture more than 2 yards off his line. Means not only is his positioning poor from crossing positions but means the defence drops deeper and deeper into the 6 yard box. A really port keeper on position alone. 

I won't go into other areas that he's not great on as that alone is enough reason to be dropping him for the remainder of the season nevermind next 

Does not have any qualities required to be a goalie keeper, watched Wednesday for 60 years and he's definitely one of the worst I've seen.

Can not understand how he got into the academy set up and into the championship, there's better goalies in Sunday League football. Only time he uses his hands, his to tie his ponytail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spion Kop said:

Does not have any qualities required to be a goalie keeper, watched Wednesday for 60 years and he's definitely one of the worst I've seen.

Can not understand how he got into the academy set up and into the championship, there's better goalies in Sunday League football. Only time he uses his hands, his to tie his ponytail.

Goallie keeper ???

15 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Wildsmith worse than Dawson. 

Niether are good at organising their defences but at least dawson is capable of making saves when called upon

With the right coaching and a shot of confidence Dawson can be a good keeper. Joe needs to be moved on for his and the club's benefit. The devisive spectre of KW will be gone next season which might help Dawson too. 

Regardless though we'll need to recruit another experienced keeper too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

With the right coaching and a shot of confidence Dawson can be a good keeper. Joe needs to be moved on for his and the club's benefit. The devisive spectre of KW will be gone next season which might help Dawson too. 

Dawson doesn’t have the mental fortitude to performance consistently at this level

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Dawson doesn’t have the mental fortitude to performance consistently at this level

He has a confidence issue agreed and maybe that's been exacerbated by the spectre and circus of Westwood at the club (I'm not going over all that again though as he'll almost certainly be leaving).

Dawson IMO is talented but yes I agree he needs to toughen up mentally and the club needs a good GK coach too. God knows what was going on with the clearly coached parrying of all shots under the previous GK coach.

He's on a long contract so likely he'll be staying. There's hope in my opinion but it's up to him to kick on.

Guest LondonOwl313
23 minutes ago, poite said:

I agree and just to add to this. 5 years ago he looked decent for a keeper who was 19/20 years old. One that people quite rightly could say was one for the future. 

5 years later he's not improved yet people still say he's for the future. I know keepers often have a longer career but he's 25 now and the one for the future stuff doesn't stick for me. 

He's not good enough. Simple. 

Was he actually that good though when he first deputised for KW? I just remember him playing in games where we were mostly on top because we were one of the top sides in the league.. can’t say I remember having great games, he just didn’t have much to do 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Was he actually that good though when he first deputised for KW? I just remember him playing in games where we were mostly on top because we were one of the top sides in the league.. can’t say I remember having great games, he just didn’t have much to do 

Well no mate and to be honest that's the point. Back then he looked promising and the fact he wasnt the finished article was accepted because he was a young upcoming keeper with potential who could be a very good keeper in the future. 

5 years later he still looks like the keeper he was back then

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Him and Dawson both need to leave. They've gone backwards massively not that they were that good in the first place. Clear off and bring someone else new in. 

Does Pressman have a son?

Two actually. 

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

It was plain to see last season that Dawson & Wildsmith don’t have it & Westwood no longer has it. A new keeper should have been a priority last summer. However our problems go far deeper than the goalkeeping mismanagement.

It's no surprise that coaching staff have always chosen Dawson ahead of Wildsmitth as the better keeper. A few good saves here and there but Wildsmith always known for a clanger.

Both aren't good enough

We'r should have gone for Neil Etheridge and made him number one. Or Jordan Archer, or someone else with capable experience

Yet another bumbling mess in the transfer market, synonymous with this club. Shambles

• Like 3

2 hours ago, owls66 said:

I expect that DM will want two new goalkeepers in the summer.

Hopefully we will see the back of Wildsmith and Dawson. Both are League 2 goalkeepers at best and that is being generous.

How likely is this to happen though?

We have given long contracts on good Championship money to 2 goalkeepers that nobody in the Championship will want. 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Both Wildsmith and Dawson are crap.

When Westwood leaves this summer we need 2 new keepers.

Does Lee Camp still not have a club? Could be a useful signing in League 1, like when we sign Darren Byfield.

Who?

Stephen Bywater? 

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Dawson needs to go also, drops as many clangers as Wildsmith. Their is far better in league one or premiership U23s. Hopefully DMs 18 months at Donny will mean he has plenty of options in mind for all positions that are better than a lot of our current squad. 

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Dawson needs to go also, drops as many clangers as Wildsmith. Their is far better in league one or premiership U23s. Hopefully DMs 18 months at Donny will mean he has plenty of options in mind for all positions that are better than a lot of our current squad. 

Contract he's on likely means he'll be with us next year. I expect it'll be Wildsmith and Westwood that leave. Personally I've not given up on Dawson just yet but for sure there's work to do.