Wildsmith

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need someone to slag off.  

The lad is OK. Least of our worries

Sorry. Can’t agree with this. Nothing against Joe or Cameron. They seem like decent lads who have an affinity with the club. They seem to give their all. But neither are capable of commanding the penalty box. Their decision making is poor and they have technical deficiencies. The defence looks less assured when they play. Westwood will be gone at the end of the season and I think GK will be our weakest position if we stick with Joe & Cameron. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Sorry. Can’t agree with this. Nothing against Joe or Cameron. They seem like decent lads who have an affinity with the club. They seem to give their all. But neither are capable of commanding the penalty box. Their decision making is poor and they have technical deficiencies. The defence looks less assured when they play. Westwood will be gone at the end of the season and I think GK will be our weakest position if we stick with Joe & Cameron. 

Igf that is the case we will no doubt sign another keeper if that is the case.  Having a different keeper wouldn't have changed our position in the league.

No complaints on his performance, but I wouldn't rank him higher than any of the other 10 starters today either. He still worries me when the ball comes into our box and I still think the back 5 would benefit from more communication from him, but consistency in goal is more important. We can't keep rotating keepers around Westwood's fitness

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Igf that is the case we will no doubt sign another keeper if that is the case.  Having a different keeper wouldn't have changed our position in the league.

Never said it would. The poster suggested GK wasn’t a problem position . I answered that when Westwood leaves it will be. Do you disagree? 

• Like 1

Though he played quite well today. Did come of his line a few time to collect some centres. Not easy against one of the taller teams in the division. Had a bit of luck with one that hit the post but kept a clean sheet. Not a day to be having a pop at Wildsmith today. 

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We have more important positions to worry about than the goalkeeping one

We really. Don’t ..wot you on about? A number 1 goalkeeper is our biggest priority

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Give over. Not worth discussing we need to get three decent strikers by far our biggest priority  

Somewhat ironic your local is the joker...

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yours must be The Comedian. 

The comedian shut down years ago..

I genuinely hope there’s been some sort of crisis of confidence for Wildsmith that he can put behind him, rather than his form being as it has due to ability. Because he’s not looked anything like the potential he showed 4/5 seasons ago, but I think we need a new number 1.

Clean sheet. If we slate wildsmith when he plays poorly. We then have to give him credit when it's due for helping to keep a clean sheet. 

Wildsmith is a capable keeper. He needs confidence due to his personality. His kicking was his biggest concern in the last few games. Today he seems to have improved that part of his game. 

Wildsmith and Dawson are going to be the keeper for Wednesday for a long time. He is young as goal keepers go. He has plenty of time to improve in the parts of his game that need work on.