Wildsmith

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

All of them before his surgery. None of them after his surgery.

Hope that answers your question.

Pulis said in December that Dawson's injury would keep him out for a minimum of 6 weeks.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-injury-news-paterson-19766293

Guess he is not a quick healer as it has been about 16 weeks since he said that. 

See you haven't managed to answer the question about who the 'plenty' on here are that you said wanted to offer Westwood a new contract.  

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

I like how both the number two keepers have hugely contributed to this "car crash" season yet the Number 1 keeper that can't even get through a warm up because hes got a bad groin/shoulder/undiagnosed broken rib is still held as a saviour of what could have/should have been. Ridiculous.

We have played 29 games since KW was brought back from his supposed exile so plenty of time for us to turn around this "car crash season" yet our results havnt improved so holding Westwood up as some kind of saviour is absolute balls. 

Westwood can't fake a broken rib? Infact i think he even played with it.  Westwood has the clean sheets record at the club and was in the EFL team of the season a few years back. He is one of the best in the division on his day. 

On the other hand we have 2 other keepers that literally mean we start a goal down every game playing them. Im sick of people making excuses for poo players. They have contributed to this mess and both need to leave. 

Id rather have Nicky Weaver in net than either of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Pulis said in December that Dawson's injury would keep him out for a minimum of 6 weeks.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-injury-news-paterson-19766293

Guess he is not a quick healer as it has been about 16 weeks since he said that. 

See you haven't managed to answer the question about who the 'plenty' on here are that you said wanted to offer Westwood a new contract.  

There’s one about 4 posts above you in this very thread

18 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Westwood can't fake a broken rib? Infact i think he even played with it.  Westwood has the clean sheets record at the club and was in the EFL team of the season a few years back. He is one of the best in the division on his day. 

On the other hand we have 2 other keepers that literally mean we start a goal down every game playing them. Im sick of people making excuses for poo players. They have contributed to this mess and both need to leave. 

😂😂😂 let it never be said that Wednesday fans live in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

We have played 29 games since KW was brought back from his supposed exile so plenty of time for us to turn around this "car crash season" yet our results havnt improved so holding Westwood up as some kind of saviour is absolute balls. 

In those 29 games.

Westwood

P 14 W5 D3 L6 Pts 18

Wildsmith

P15 W3 D2 L10 Pts 11

I'd hazard a guess that if Westwood had played in all 29 games we would have a lot more points than we have now.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 83owl said:

There’s one about 4 posts above you in this very thread

Ah, thanks.

I wasn't aware that 1, or even 2, amounts to 'plenty'. 

6 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

In those 29 games.

Westwood

P 14 W5 D3 L6 Pts 18

Wildsmith

P15 W3 D2 L10 Pts 11

I'd hazard a guess that if Westwood had played in all 29 games we would have a lot more points than we have now.

Brilliant we can add all these points up into an imaginary league and i'm sure we will be top. Meanwhile in the championship Westwood wont even play 25 games this season, in fact i'll be surprised if he plays 20

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Brilliant we can add all these points up into an imaginary league and i'm sure we will be top. Meanwhile in the championship Westwood wont even play 25 games this season, in fact i'll be surprised if he plays 20

I've always said we need a new experienced no.1 keeper for next season, Westwood won't be here.

But while ever he was here and being paid by us,  it was a mistake to not play our best keeper and instead play someone who is clearly not good enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

If we start a goal down how come Dawson has a better clean sheet record this season than Westwood?

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Dawson and Wildsmith have had other injuries outside of their most recent ones

Theyre also a decade younger than Westwood and haven’t had half of the stresses and strains his body has 

I posted a stat the other day that showed at Dawson and Wildsmiths age Westwood played 46,44,41 games in consecutive seasons. 

My point was obviously that people are slagging off a 36yo for poor injury record (understandable) yet the bit I don’t get is they give 2 25 year olds a pass on it when they’re actually more injury prone relative to their age! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I posted a stat the other day that showed at Dawson and Wildsmiths age Westwood played 46,44,41 games in consecutive seasons. 

My point was obviously that people are slagging off a 36yo for poor injury record (understandable) yet the bit I don’t get is they give 2 25 year olds a pass on it when they’re actually more injury prone relative to their age! 

Westwood has been substituted more times that every other Wednesday keeper combined in our entire 150 plus year history. And that doesn’t include pulling out in warm ups either. The debate is not so much about injuries themselves but when and how they “occur”

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

In those 29 games.

Westwood

P 14 W5 D3 L6 Pts 18

Wildsmith

P15 W3 D2 L10 Pts 11

Maybe we would have got more points if we could trust Westwood to get past the warm ups.

9 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Because we had Dom Iorfa when Dawson was in net.

And partly Massimo Luongo in front of him. 

We are getting somewhere now. So there is an acceptance that the goals conceded stat is only minimally affected by who the keeper is

Not withstanding that, I haven’t checked back any further but Iorfa definitely didn’t play in any of Dawson’s last 5 games 

It's interesting that there isn't a thread for each player...

I would think that every player has made more mistakes than ANY of our keepers.

I would also think that EVERY forward player has missed more chances than ANY keeper has conceded goals.

I would guess that EVERY midfielder has misplaced crucial passes or missed essential tackles than ANY keeper has made a bad clearance mistake.

I can only think that EVERY player has been beaten in an arial challenge more times than ANY of our keepers.

I can only imagine that EVERY player has failed to give clear calls when they should have to help their teammates more than ANY of our keepers had missed calling for a ball.

Yet here we are singling out one player on their very own thread...nice one

• Like 1

Rather get a new keeper in who’s experienced , plenty younger than westy and go from there , Westwood is 36 now so I think it’s time to either move on or maybe become a goalkeeper coach ? In regards to wildsmith and Dawson I don’t think either are good enough and would let one go this summer and keep the other for back up , in reality a back up keeper generally only plays cup games and the very odd league game it’s just Westwood has been injured a lot too hence the variety of starting keepers we have had