Uroghide - 10

Reach - 12

Windass - 10

Hutchinson - 10

Paterson - 12

Rhodes - 10

Bannan - 15. M.O.M.

Gotta agree with this, best I’ve seen for years Bannan unbelievable 

Wow. Normally a thrashing is due to the one team just not turning up. This was a performance to saviour due to a brilliant team performance with everyone in a Wednesday shirt playing up to the level they are capable of. With the referee also actually doing his job properly which has been rare this season. 

The Mick McCarthy interview post game was awesome. Great to see a honest appraisal from the opposition perspective. 

We would have beaten most championship teams today. 

Let's hope they get the confidence out of this result and performance to put a run together for the last 7 matches. 

A possible 21 points up for grabs. We need the majority of them to be safe. 

What I found particularly satisfying was the obvious training routines coming to fruition and the team work ethics that the new management has installed. 

UTO

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Bannan deffo but his job is so much easier when he has players moving ahead of him. Our movement today from back to front was exceptional, a real pleasure to see. Fūcķing typical Wednesday tho' let's hope it's  not too late UTO 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

It is slightly bizarre that we score 5 and Bannan didn’t score and only assisted 1, yet he has 90%+ of the votes (quite rightly). I’ll add one thing to the rest that has been said - and clearly being 5-0 up helped with this, but we seemed to be fitter in those last 10 minutes. 

It's only bizarre if you didn't see the game or don't understand football.

I always die a little inside when the word 'assist' or 'assisted' is used in football. A fine example of why the 'A' word should never be used was when De Bruyne wiped out the entire Leicester defence with one pass to Sterling who then fluffed it but managed to pass to Jesus who scored.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

It's only bizarre if you didn't see the game or don't understand football.

I always die a little inside when the word 'assist' or 'assisted' is used in football. A fine example of why the 'A' word should never be used was when De Bruyne wiped out the entire Leicester defence with one pass to Sterling who then fluffed it but managed to pass to Jesus who scored.

I agree. In fact I saw Lingards goal tonight and said straight away how well Antonio helped him, Sky have now just mentioned it. Bannan dictated how we played tonight and it was as good as he’s ever played for us.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blueform mac said:

Here we go

Yep....you know all those clubs that do their scouting and base transfer decisions solely on one live TV performance.......

In my view Bannan took hold of the game and controlled it intelligently from start to finish. His passing was sublime and his  positional awareness of others was up there with the best. Matters not that he didn't score,his creativity influenced the whole team which lead us to a superb victory and gives us hope in the coming weeks.

Best Wednesday performance for a few years that one.

Bannan sensational, I know he was good in his first season but I don’t know if he has had a better game for us. A 10/10 performance I don’t remember him passing it backwards !

Every one of them had a good game even the ones I really don’t rate at all... and I even saw Adam Reach put in a tackle !! 

Bannan MOM 

Outstanding performance.

the most comprehensive performance I’ve seen from a Sheff Wed side. 

Bannan was by the far the best player on the pitch but he was ably supported by the others who provided him with options to enable him to dictate the game.

special mention to Tom Lees who I thought was excellent.

In fairness, there wasn’t one bad performance. It was just that Bannan was so good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

Sky cameras are there 

Great performance, it will make going down harder to take. It's the hope that kills you

look on the bright side, Bazza’s going to rip L1 a new bum hole. 

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Wow. Normally a thrashing is due to the one team just not turning up. This was a performance to saviour due to a brilliant team performance with everyone in a Wednesday shirt playing up to the level they are capable of. With the referee also actually doing his job properly which has been rare this season. 

The Mick McCarthy interview post game was awesome. Great to see a honest appraisal from the opposition perspective. 

We would have beaten most championship teams today. 

Let's hope they get the confidence out of this result and performance to put a run together for the last 7 matches. 

A possible 21 points up for grabs. We need the majority of them to be safe. 

What I found particularly satisfying was the obvious training routines coming to fruition and the team work ethics that the new management has installed. 

UTO

Absolutely spot on post!

Agree with everything you say.

Too pi**ed to write a detailed post myself!

Can't wait to watch it all again tomorrow.

First class performances from everyone and well done referee and so pleased for Jamie Smith & Darren Moore.

UTO!😂👍👍

Spent the day in hospital with my mum (things were a bit scary earlier but she’ll be ok) and just got home after my phone battery packed up sometime earlier this afternoon... still can’t quite believe what I’m seeing, I think one of the nurses must’ve put summat strong in my brew!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

It is slightly bizarre that we score 5 and Bannan didn’t score and only assisted 1, yet he has 90%+ of the votes (quite rightly). I’ll add one thing to the rest that has been said - and clearly being 5-0 up helped with this, but we seemed to be fitter in those last 10 minutes. 

We kept possession today.  We’ve spent the majority of the season treating the ball like a hot potato and struggling to string more than 2 or 3 passes together. When you spend most of the game chasing the ball you’re going to tire more quickly than the opposition as the game goes on and it’s no coincidence that we’ve dropped something like 23 points from winning positions this year.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely outstanding. Have to be honest, there is a small part of me that’s fuming because we’ve been appalling all season yet we can produce that?

Wildsmith 7 still scares the life out of me but clean sheet and better kicking 

Palmer 8 played very well. Did he mean the Paterson assist?

Urhoghide 7 excellent marker. One worry is my 9 year old can clear a ball further. Lots of potential though

Lees 7 solid against Moore

Borner 8 good generally. Extra point for the goal

Reach 9 outstanding.  Where have you been for the last two years. Two excellent goals

Hutchinson 7 solid

Bannan 9 totally ran the show

Paterson 9 outstanding. An assist and a wonder goal. completely unPaterson ish!

Windass 8 ran his socks off. Great assist 

Rhodes 7 nice finish. Wins us very important free kicks

Kachunga, Pelupessy, Shaw 5 no real time to make an impact but we got significantly worse when they were all on the field.

Unfortunately, it’s too little too late, but still proud to see a bit of fight!

9 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Spot on there.I've got that feeling that the improved performances from the squad this evening is more to do with some of them trying to sell themselves to other clubs in the summer.

how can you play that well yet 95% of the games dont give a sh*te? we should have beed nowhere near bottom