It isn’t humanly possible

6 hours ago, Box_Man said:

It’s a freak result

Everything went in.

We rode out luck with multiple goalmouth scrambles. Cardiff should have had at least 3.

Bannan played well and they didn’t try and nullify him, which would have stopped all our creativity.

No pressure as we were f**king bottom of the league at KO, sky cameras, players putting on a show for new clubs etc.

What did Paul Sturrock always say...one swallow doesn’t make a summer...sums this side up completely.

im more pissed off tonight than I am when we lost against Birmingham...bunch of bottlers when it actually counts.

What he said!

4 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Just to be pedantic, it was a freak score line not a freak result.  Our performance level, attitude, organisation and fighting spirit deserved the victory, nothing freak about that.  But yes, every thing we hit seemed to go in today and that made the score line amazing/freak. 

Put in the same performance level every game and we would be top 6. No question 

So you're saying there's still a chance?

• Haha 1

It's too daft to laugh at.

When I saw that score line I thought I was hallucinating.

I've been convinced for some time that my wife is trying to poison me, and I figured it must be the toxins.

We can't just get relegated like any normal team.

Going down isn't enough for us.

We have to be tormented right until the end.

Moore.png

8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Just to be pedantic, it was a freak score line not a freak result.  Our performance level, attitude, organisation and fighting spirit deserved the victory, nothing freak about that.  But yes, every thing we hit seemed to go in today and that made the score line amazing/freak. 

Put in the same performance level every game and we would be top 6. No question 

Exactly right, it’s amazing some are saying it was a freak result and implying it was lucky (and more surprising that people are liking the post).  The players earned that victory and they’ve been playing better since Moore took over. Yes our conversion rate was impressive but we played some lovely quick football, created goal scoring chances and worked Bannan into spaces in between their midfield and defence.  That’s why they struggled to “nullify” him.  
The pundits described it as the best performance in the championship this season, not the luckiest. 

Okay sure, one swallow doesn’t make a p*rnstar but let’s see if the improved performances and attitudes we’ve seen since Moore took over continues, before throwing our toys out the pram.  Though I guess as Wednesdayites we like to have something to be grumpy about 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Exactly right, it’s amazing some are saying it was a freak result and implying it was lucky (and more surprising that people are liking the post).  The players earned that victory and they’ve been playing better since Moore took over. Yes our conversion rate was impressive but we played some lovely quick football, created goal scoring chances and worked Bannan into spaces in between their midfield and defence.  That’s why they struggled to “nullify” him.  
The pundits described it as the best performance in the championship this season, not the luckiest. 

Okay sure, one swallow doesn’t make a p*rnstar but let’s see if the improved performances and attitudes we’ve seen since Moore took over continues, before throwing our toys out the pram.  Though I guess as Wednesdayites we like to have something to be grumpy about 

One improved performance.... 

One other win......  Since Moore took over... Improved you say? 

Win ration 28℅

Neil Thompson   46℅

The rest was utter sheite. 

Relegation looking a certainty. 

It's not about being grumpy.... But this happens all the time... Remember the Leeds 3 - 0 away win..we were once again world beaters after that win..... Look what happened after that... We have a perpetual habit of doing this... Let's hope for once that things change and we go on a winning streak. But.. Alas.. History and all that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday wasn't so much a case of everything we hit going in as it was presenting a better quality of chance and controlling the finishes.

Sure Paterson scored a worldie but the other goals were not quite laid on a plate but much, much better quality chances than the usual 25 yarder or shot from an acute angle.

How often would Paterson have shot for the Rhodes goal previously? Would Windass have cut the ball back for Reach in previous games?

We converted a large number of our chances because they were quality chances... We equally were a few last ditch challenges away from having additional quality chances.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

One improved performance.... 

One other win......  Since Moore took over... Improved you say? 

Win ration 28℅

Neil Thompson   46℅

The rest was utter sheite. 

Relegation looking a certainty. 

It's not about being grumpy.... But this happens all the time... Remember the Leeds 3 - 0 away win..we were once again world beaters after that win..... Look what happened after that... We have a perpetual habit of doing this... Let's hope for once that things change and we go on a winning streak. But.. Alas.. History and all that. 

Well I find this opinion quite remarkable but I respect people have different opinions so fair enough.  All we can do is see what happens in the next fixtures and if our “utter sheite” performances continue.  Personally I hope they do as it’s helped us get 7 points from the last 12 available which is an improvement. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yeah, it is bloody typical that we saved up all our luck for one game. Not only the worldy goals, but there was a 10 minute spell when that little Williams with the beard got to a loose ball first in the area - first time Wildsmith punched him in the face, second time Paterson kicked him in head - no penalty either time. Whereas in the tight one-goal game on Friday we get a bloody goal given against us that everyone in the ground bar the ref think is offside.

...............knows  is offside.

12 hours ago, Box_Man said:

It’s a freak result

Everything went in.

We rode out luck with multiple goalmouth scrambles. Cardiff should have had at least 3.

Bannan played well and they didn’t try and nullify him, which would have stopped all our creativity.

No pressure as we were f**king bottom of the league at KO, sky cameras, players putting on a show for new clubs etc.

What did Paul Sturrock always say...one swallow doesn’t make a summer...sums this side up completely.

im more pissed off tonight than I am when we lost against Birmingham...bunch of bottlers when it actually counts.

It’s time to give up pal 

delete all accounts, throw away all evidence of Sheffield wednesday 

remove all associated friends from Wednesday 

take up fishing or something 

if a 5-0 out of this season upsets you the most it’s really game over for you. Just don’t do it to yourself 

walk away 

if we’re in league one next season we might hit a few of those results I wouldn’t want it sending you over the edge 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1