Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Monk has just said this is a group that can deliver this type of performance but there are things that have gone on that have led to them not delivering this consistently 

 

Thoughts?

The chairman. He alluded to it in almost every interview whilst manager 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Monk...

 

refused to play Rhodes

refused to play Hutchinson

refused to play Börner (this season)

played Bannan in a deep lying role 

refused to play Westwood

went into the season with no left back

signed Paterson as a striker 

refused to play Reach on the left

said Adam Reach’s best position was central forward


Fair to say he’s more than contributed to our on the pitch performances and league standings 


Totally agree, I will never understand why we kept him on at the start of the season, but to give him some personal credit he seems genuinely invested in us still and appears to want us to do well. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Therealrealist

I like the monkfish these days...seems genuine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


As I said, there were bigger problems at the club and I shouldn’t have taken the job

 

Weren’t you 3rd at one point, Garry?

 

Yeah but you know, deep problems only appear after Christmas and the results were in no way caused by me refusing to play 2 of my best players, playing our best creative player deep and picking calamity Cam in net


I was a big fan of Monk before he came here and at 3rd in the league he was rightfully getting the plaudits but the drop off from there was horrendous. I didn’t realise how bad it was for a long time after as I thought he was decent and caught up in it all. But having reflected on it all he really needed to do from 3rd was manage a bumpy period with players wanting to know their futures and a points deduction. That’s not easy but he’d had it at Birmingham and if you’d said at Xmas, just keep us as many points as you can from trouble and he gave you about 4 or 6 or whatever it was you’d be gutted.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Monk is bang on to slate our transfer strategy under Chansiri. Completely agree. 

 

Yep.

 

The worrying aspect of what he said is that it's a 'strategy' of Chansiri's to run contracts down in the way that we do, but this then creates uncertainty and instability for the managers and players.

 

Until Chansiri adopts a sensible and sustainable plan, any manager will be handicapped by the circumstances he creates at our club.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s interesting that it’s Rhodes and Windass upfront as a duo that seems to be spearheading a revival of some sorts.

 

A duo we all saw work well together the first two games of the season. 
 

For some bizzare reason, Monk never played them again. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Yep.

 

The worrying aspect of what he said is that it's a 'strategy' of Chansiri's to run contracts down in the way that we do, but this then creates uncertainty and instability for the managers and players.

 

Until Chansiri adopts a sensible and sustainable plan, any manager will be handicapped by the circumstances he creates at our club.


He seems very keen to talk about it, in riddles most of the time. It was clear before he came here what the chairman was like though. Someone who needs managing.  

 

He wants to distance himself from it and blame the club alone but he was a part of the last 18 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do wonder though whether it's not exactly Chansiri's ‘strategy’ to let the contracts run down, per se, but just that it has been these last couple of seasons while we've had all the financial bother.

 

The reality is that we couldn't, and shouldn't, be offering the players anything like what they were on before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:


Not like hairdressers have been shut all year is it lol 


I have been diy with my hair for 12 months and I have not done anything like that.

 

 

F79F58F4-7946-43B0-9E31-55F98B5B49A3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Did he actually? Missed that bit

Basically stated players running contracts down in mass isn’t good because it creates uncertainty, and players like certainty in that so they can all strive in the same direction. Or words to that effect. Also referenced how many out of contract last season when he was here. 
 

Clearly a situation he wanted to avoid.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Basically stated players running contracts down in mass isn’t good because it creates uncertainty, and players like certainty in that so they can all strive in the same direction. Or words to that effect. Also referenced how many out of contract last season when he was here. 
 

Clearly a situation he wanted to avoid.


Thanks. Yep well he’s not wrong. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

I do wonder though whether it's not exactly Chansiri's ‘strategy’ to let the contracts run down, per se, but just that it has been these last couple of seasons while we've had all the financial bother.

 

The reality is that we couldn't, and shouldn't, be offering the players anything like what they were on before.


But that’s why you sell while they hold value and reinvest accordingly. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has a point. But we weren’t going to be renewing many of those players contracts on the same terms. Some were offered reduced terms.

 

Weve just thumped Cardiff 5 nowt whilst being run erratically, which the management team can take full credit for. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


But that’s why you sell while they hold value and reinvest accordingly. 

 

Of course. I'm not trying to defend DC's transfer policy as a whole, as it's been utterly disastrous, and indeed, his inability to sell when the goings good has been chief among that, but I do wonder if this running of contracts down has been more forced in the last two years rather than it being part of some strategy.

 

The players coming through from the youth team is another matter altogether though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...