Monk on Sky

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m not saying it is. He should have done more. But he’s not the reason we are where we are.

Its not hit fault we got a points deduction but I think he should’ve avoided some of those horrendous results and losing runs/complete capitulations. Ones that luhukay was rightly crucified for.

The decision itself didn’t want to dock points that season due to it dooming us but had we even been average after being 3rd we would’ve had it out the way.  A lot going on granted but it was really poor and perhaps a situation he wasn’t right for

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Its not hit fault we got a points deduction but I think he should’ve avoided some of those horrendous results and losing runs/complete capitulations. Ones that luhukay was rightly crucified for.

The decision itself didn’t want to dock points that season due to it dooming us but had we even been average after being 3rd we would’ve had it out the way.  A lot going on granted but it was really poor and perhaps a situation he wasn’t right for

I’m just not sure that it’s true that we’d have been deducted points last season had we been more than 12 points clear of the bottom 3.

Surely the EFL have to treat all teams fairly in this process and they can’t arbitrarily pick and choose when deductions are applied.

It was December 2019 when we were actually charged wasn’t it. I think if anything we/Chansiri probably put as many legal obstacles in the way of the process as we could as at the time given we were in the play off positions we were probably trying to make sure it wasn’t applied last season and stop us from going up. As it turned out with Monk’s results it was the other end of the table that was more of an issue. 

But I think it’s more likely that it’s our lawyers that slowed things down to the point that it couldn’t be applied last reason rather than it being the EFL that just chose not to because it would relegate us.

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m not saying it is. He should have done more. But he’s not the reason we are where we are.

Not playing Jordan Rhodes (with this squad) is a fairly big one within the realm of what he had to control though. 

• Like 1

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m just not sure that it’s true that we’d have been deducted points last season had we been more than 12 points clear of the bottom 3.

Surely the EFL have to treat all teams fairly in this process and they can’t arbitrarily pick and choose when deductions are applied.

It was December 2019 when we were actually charged wasn’t it. I think if anything we/Chansiri probably put as many legal obstacles in the way of the process as we could as at the time given we were in the play off positions we were probably trying to make sure it wasn’t applied last season and stop us from going up. As it turned out with Monk’s results it was the other end of the table that was more of an issue. 

But I think it’s more likely that it’s our lawyers that slowed things down to the point that it couldn’t be applied last reason rather than it being the EFL that just chose not to because it would relegate us.

It is true. The decision said the panel were reluctant to dock 12 points at the time as the season was in hiatus and we would’ve been in a relegation battle so wanted to give the club a chance. Had we been well clear that might not have been a consideration. There was hell on from other clubs that it was a suspended deduction

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Not playing Jordan Rhodes (with this squad) is a fairly big one within the realm of what he had to control though. 

We had loads of strikers and attackers to be fair. Rhodes, Nuhiu, Winnall, Forestieri. Wickham, Windass, Murphy, Reach. Many had gone stale but enough combined to keep a team out of relegation issues if managed correctly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It is true. The decision said the panel were reluctant to dock 12 points at the time as the season was in hiatus and we would’ve been in a relegation battle so wanted to give the club a chance. Had we been well clear that might not have been a consideration. There was hell on from other clubs that it was a suspended deduction

Everybody forgets this. If Monk had have got us anywhere near mid table with Bruces squad we would have taken the 12 points last season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We had loads of strikers and attackers to be fair. Rhodes, Nuhiu, Winnall, Forestieri. Wickham, Windass, Murphy, Reach. Many had gone stale but enough combined to keep a team out of relegation issues if managed correctly.

Was more referring to this season at the start. To be fair I didn’t make that clear

But agreed that with those we should have been well clear 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Monk...

refused to play Rhodes

refused to play Hutchinson

refused to play Börner (this season)

played Bannan in a deep lying role 

refused to play Westwood

went into the season with no left back

signed Paterson as a striker 

refused to play Reach on the left

said Adam Reach’s best position was central forward

Fair to say he’s more than contributed to our on the pitch performances and league standings 

Would love it if you could send this to Sky and have them grill him on it while he’s sat on that sofa 

Think Bannan is speaking to Monk in this interview.

Enjoying our football under a new manager, playing a passing game on the front foot........

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Would love it if you could send this to Sky and have them grill him on it while he’s sat on that sofa 

As I said, there were bigger problems at the club and I shouldn’t have taken the job

Weren’t you 3rd at one point, Garry?

Yeah but you know, deep problems only appear after Christmas and the results were in no way caused by me refusing to play 2 of my best players, playing our best creative player deep and picking calamity Cam in net

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1