41 years ago today

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Makes me feel old still remember it like it was yesterday .I was on the blunts kop

that day along with hundreds of fellow owls .I was right behind it it was in from the moment it left his foot .still one of my favourite ever Wednesday goals of all time .TC11 

514A4E0C-A0E4-4126-AFD3-BE8979611B68.jpeg

I remember the whole ground exploding. It was like that back then.

Remember the time when they linked derby day tickets to buying tickets for their next game, they were playing Grimsby after us and some cad hung a banner from the Wednesday end:

" For sale: 12,000 Grimsby tickets"

• Haha 2

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

I was there on the Shoreham along with thousands (not hundreds) of Wednesday fans. Based on the OP's description we must have been pretty much stood next to each other!

13 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

Kenworthy looked broken  in the after match interview 

Not surprised after TC accidentally on purpose stood on his foot!

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Not surprised after TC accidentally on purpose stood on his foot!

😁 that’s the one. All week Kenworthy was doubtful to make game . I think it was a problem with his toe? Or ankle maybe Curran stood on it then after speaking to the ref gave Kenworthy a little slap on his face for good measure 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

The daft thing was that even though it was on Match of the Day it didn't make the shortlist for their Goal of the Month.

I know I remember buying the bbc video 101 great goals I was fuming when it wasn't on that but 2 pig goals were

58 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I was there on the Shoreham along with thousands (not hundreds) of Wednesday fans. Based on the OP's description we must have been pretty much stood next to each other!

I was on there too, but definitely not thousands. We were in small batches down the sides. Absolute nightmare after the game.

Guest Garryswfcowl72
19 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Loved the interview on MOTD afterwards regarding Kenworthy

"He was kicking me but he didn't like it when I started kicking him back"

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I was on there too, but definitely not thousands. We were in small batches down the sides. Absolute nightmare after the game.

I was on with our young un. Definitely not down the side, pretty much just to the left of middle at the top. Had to dodge rolled up newspapers set on fire.

Different times