Realistic first possible signings for Div 1

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Whats the odds we're umbongo'd yet again and sign no-one?

Given the profit we posted and the different rules in league one. It’s unlikely.

An embargo doesn’t prevent signings even if we were but it would place restrictions on what we could do

Guest wilyfox

Tom Pearce

Kyle Dempsey

Ben Sheaf

Andy Irving

Allan Campbell

Josh Sims

Tyreece John-Jules

Charlie Kirk

Nathan Holland

Dion Charles

Paul Mullin

James Scott

..plus that Kyle Campbell kid in case he’s as good as his daddy.

Edited by wilyfox

37 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Isn’t that DC paying DC? 

I have no idea ,Does he ever come out with anything that is clear ,If we go down ,Will Paxo and his advisors be in charge of recruitment . All i am bothered about is the fact We do not own our ground anymore .And we have £3 million a year rent to pay.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, 83owl said:

We already are a championship/L1 yo yo club.

We haven’t played at that level in 9 years so I wouldn’t say that we are

On 03/04/2021 at 23:35, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Ravel Morrison 

Not as daft as it sounds. If he gets himself fit over the summer. Not quite good enough for the championship but could do a job in Lge 1?

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We haven’t played at that level in 9 years so I wouldn’t say that we are

We have been out of the PL for over 20 years. During that time the only two leagues we have played in are the championship and L1. Another few years and it will be a quarter of a century out of the PL and 1/3  of that time will be spent in L1.

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We have been out of the PL for over 20 years. During that time the only two leagues we have played in are the championship and L1. Another few years and it will be a quarter of a century out of the PL and 1/3  of that time will be spent in L1.

You’re already jumping ahead to us being relegated and then spending 4 years down there. I can’t see us staying up either but even though we’re a shambles I wouldn’t rule out the play offs next season though, it depends what we do recruitment wise in the summer 

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

We are skint.

Will be kids and more ageing, injured freebies.

Mid table in Div 3 wud be good.

Hasn't Chansiri said that he is frustrated by the fact that FFP is preventing him from spending money on players?

We were apparently interested in Mikael Mandron of Crewe, back in January, I wonder if we’ll explore that one again. Never been prolific, but maybe offers more all round play than the likes of Wyke and Jephcott. That might have benefitted Rhodes back in January, but of course we won’t have him next season

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Knowing how much we love a random foreign player Georges Mikautadze scored 18 goals in 19 games this season 20 year old on loan from Metz to Seraing in Belgium 

good luck with his permit application 

Guest wilyfox
31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We were apparently interested in Mikael Mandron of Crewe, back in January, I wonder if we’ll explore that one again. Never been prolific, but maybe offers more all round play than the likes of Wyke and Jephcott. That might have benefitted Rhodes back in January, but of course we won’t have him next season

Mandron is a crap Gestede - who is also crap. Let’s sign footballers. No more lumps. We’re not making coffee.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, gurujuan said:

He’s better than Gestede, less of a lump, more of a Luke Varney type

yes, every time I remember Varney I think he and Mandron could be twins.

image.gif.3412cc2d85189ca2cc30f9dc660a6b4f.gif