Realistic first possible signings for Div 1

In terms of goalkeepers, Brentford loaned a keeper to Donny who’s now playing at youth level for England. Balcombe I think he’s called.

Fallen out of favour under Butler but he is highly thought of and I wouldn’t mind going in for him. Taylor Richards from Brighton is another Donny loanee who Moore liked and Brighton fans rave about.

5 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Thats it two seasons ago they wouldnt have been good enough. This season had these two played up front for us then we may have had a better chance of survival.

And there lies our endearing problem, we are always looking to bring clubs that are for NOW, with out any thought of the future, unless they are for the Jnr's

This club sum's up todays "Me now" society.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

In terms of goalkeepers, Brentford loaned a keeper to Donny who’s now playing at youth level for England. Balcombe I think he’s called.

Fallen out of favour under Butler but he is highly thought of and I wouldn’t mind going in for him. Taylor Richards from Brighton is another Donny loanee who Moore liked and Brighton fans rave about.

No use to us then

16 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Don't see the fixation with Donny players

Before Moore had his head turned he had Donny playing exciting attacking football with those players & they were play off certs. It’s natural for managers to try and sign players they’ve worked well with before if they’re available. I’d be surprised if we didn’t sign at least one player that Moore had at Donny. 

5 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Surely you know already its LEAGUE 1 christ alive its been LEAGUE 1 long enough now 

Aye, 

& football didn’t exist afore 1992 & the invention of the Premier League [Corporation]
heading for the 3rd division  (at least) whether or not you want to play with semantics & sanitise it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TINGLE75 said:

I want players we've never heard of with no fear or thoughts in their head that we are "massive"

1st bit: already achieved....

2nd bit: not just players that need a a reality check :

1867; Boxing Day ; World Cup stadium & anything  / everything now mean SFA

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I’m really hoping that Chansiri doesn’t see our pending relegation as being partly Darren Moore’s fault and going in search of yet another ‘coach’.

Purely my opinion, but I believe that Moore has the ability (if allowed) to let the majority of the current squad leave and rebuild with mainly younger, hungrier players, with the odd experienced player thrown in. He appears to have useful contacts within the game and I would hope that this would also allow us to bring in one or two decent quality, younger players on loan.

However, in reality, upon confirmation of our relegation, Chansiri will probably sack Moore and then appoint someone like Chris Coleman two days before our season kicks off, with a threadbare squad still in place! 🤦‍♂️😩

You could see that happening, yeah. However, I’m still hopeful that he appointed Moore, when he did, with an eye on us spending a stint in League One. Certainly I would be comfortable with Moore at the helm, for all the reasons you suggest. Personally though, I don’t envisage a bigger clear out than the one we had last season, and I think probably one or two of the out of contract players will stay. 
That would suggest a similar amount of arrivals to last season, about 7 or 8. As long as we have a better summer window than the one we had last year, 7 or 8 should do it. It will be interesting to see how many of those will be permanent signings, given Moore’s liking for the loan market. I assume we’d need to sign a permanent left back, and at least a couple of strikers, simply because we don’t have any, then add some more attacking talent on loan. Hopefully we won’t sign any lower league journeymen on permanent deals, or otherwise, unless we are planning a longer stay than most would anticipate. There’s enough experience in the squad, bar up front, for us to concentrate our efforts on bringing in younger players who are looking to improve. Moore has proven to be good at that

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thanks for the research and putting the time in to that but one of the problems is that people want us to sign these young, hungry and upcoming players with a

view to them making it at Championship level and above, and then commanding big fees so we can follow the Brentford model.

Of all of those you’ve listed it just looks like they have a decent record at League 1 level and most of them are mid 20s already. Not much there to suggest they will be Championship players. The likes of Jack Marriott had similar records at a younger age and we’ve seen what he’s like.

I think we need to run a smaller squad, maybe 20 or so players with the academy lads getting bench time to fill in the rest. Of those 20 players we can’t carry any crocks so Luongo, Dunkley, Westwood etc need to go. Then think we need to blend a team with a mixture of experienced players, some signings like Brunt or Whelan from PL academies who just weren’t quite up to the grade there and we’ll probably have never heard of them. Then a few signings from actual League 1 clubs who’ve been doing the business the last couple of seasons, preferably on frees too.

Making it Championship level? Following the Brentford model? 

I’m suggesting players who can get us out of L1! Nothing more. 

28 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Reece Burke Defender Hull

Elliot Moore Defender Oxford 

Liam Kelly Midfield Oxford

Serhat Taşdemir Midfield Oldham

Ben Garrity Midfield Blackpool

Daniel Ajakaiye Havant & Waterlooville 

John Marquis Striker Portsmouth 

Chuks Aneke Striker Charlton 

Ashley Hunter Striker Salford

Aneke would be a great L1 signing.

Plays the 10 role that Moore likes and has scored 12 in 32 this season.

On a free looks a decent player.

Also been linked with us in the past 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

If we need a left back then Gillingham’s left back Connor Ogilvie would also be a shout. Really positive attacking left back. Pops up with goals.

Good shout though IMO the best left back in League 1 is Josh Ruffles of Oxford, he also chips in with a few goals.