So is there anybody who hasnt accepted relegation??

Guest Therealrealist

Guest LondonOwl313
19 hours ago, mogbad said:

This

I had a brief period of belief when the points deduction was reduced but soon returned to the real world with the Luton, Rotherham & Wycombe nightmare that confirmed our players didn't have a pair of balls between them.

The points deduction reprieve came after those games though, was the day after we beat Bournemouth and before we drew with Millwall which was Monk’s last game.

I’ve never thought we’d stay up. Last season Monk proved he couldn’t do it when we won only 4 from the last 23, so going in to a new season with him as manager and 12 points behind I thought we were down before we started.

Then we got 8 points from the first 5 games and you start to think maybe we can do it, we’re on for 70 odd points which would see us mid table including a 12 point deduction. Then we lost to Brentford which was expected.. the three losses to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe felt like the nail in the coffin as we were on -4 after 9 games having played our direct relegation rivals. 

Then we went and took 4 points from 2 games against better sides and got 6 points back, and you start to believe again don’t you. Pulis comes in, we had 5 hard games but I thought performances were improved initially and was going to judge him on the easier games. By the time we lost to Huddersfield, Barnsley and Forest and had 9 points from 19 that was that.

Then we win a few under Thompson and somehow got out the relegation zone briefly and you again think maybe. I think after Wycombe we had 28 from 28 games and I thought we can do this.. westwood and Hutchinson back, Rhodes scoring, it’s possible. Then we lost 7 in a row and it’s totally gone now.

Watch us go and beat Cardiff and QPR now whilst Coventry lose and we’ll start thinking it’s on again. But inevitably we won’t make it.. we’re just not good enough and deserve to go down.

It looks pretty nailed on we will be relegated but there have been some small green shoots of late and its a funny old game. No one thought we would win at Barnsley and Watford have been tanking everyone of late.

Whether its right or wrong, I'm comfortable with relegation because it is exactly what our owner deserves. He is then more likely to either wake up and finally learn or disappear, whatever that means for us in the long run. I find it hard to care much anymore either way anymore. It also likely mean we see the end of even our better players that are tarnished by perennial failure - Bannan, Westwood, Reach, Lees etc

It might sound daft but its probably a blessing that most of our remaining opponents don't need a result from us, they will likely finish where they already are regardless, most of them in mid table, too far from the play offs or comfortably clear of relegation. I fancy our chances more because of that as opposed to having 8 games against other teams fighting against relegation, which we prove time and again we can't handle.

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

It looks pretty nailed on we will be relegated but there have been some small green shoots of late and its a funny old game. No one thought we would win at Barnsley and Watford have been tanking everyone of late.

Whether its right or wrong, I'm comfortable with relegation because it is exactly what our owner deserves. He is then more likely to either wake up and finally learn or disappear, whatever that means for us in the long run. I find it hard to care much anymore either way anymore. It also likely mean we see the end of even our better players that are tarnished by perennial failure - Bannan, Westwood, Reach, Lees etc

It might sound daft but its probably a blessing that most of our remaining opponents don't need a result from us, they will likely finish where they already are regardless, most of them in mid table, too far from the play offs or comfortably clear of relegation. I fancy our chances more because of that as opposed to having 8 games against other teams fighting against relegation, which we prove time and again we can't handle.

The fact weve scored just 28 goals in 38 games will most likely see us finish bottom of the table,and deservedly so,we are by a long way the worst team in this division

• Like 1

Mentally weak footballers, no leaders, no balls, no fight in them, no chance of staying up. 

Goodbye and good riddance.

Crap players, crap recruitment, crap managerial appointments, crap leadership from the top.

Other than that it’s been a great season.

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

The thing is, this has been coming for some time. Why do I feel that the chairman is going to be surprised, and have zero plan of action for our relegation?

This has been inevitable for months 

Chansiri's still in denial after Pulis told him there's no way our squad would stay up without serious surgery in January.

A part of me can't wait for his relegation rant, just to see who he blames this time. If I were a betting man, I reckon he'll go:

• the EFL
  • coronavirus
  • Garry Monk
  • the fans
  • Tony Pulis
  • the players
  • Erik Alonso
  • the fans again
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

It’s unlikely we’ll stay up but I refuse to accept it until we are relegated. This is the championship and anything is possible. 

Whilst I agree that until it’s mathematically impossible we should never give up, I think it’s doubtful this squad has it in them do it.

There is no fight, a distinct lack of quality in the side, not enough goal scorers or game changers, and most importantly a real lack of leadership at the club, both on and off the pitch. I doubt we’d get enough points to turn it around if we had 15 games left sadly.

Cardiff have hit the buffers - LWDLD

QPR are in decent form, but safe/stuck mid-table

Swansea LLL - without scoring a goal

Bristol City LLDWLL - Pearson bounce burst

Its a crazy division. You never know.

• Love 1

Whilst still mathematically possible I kind of resigned myself to relegation after the Luton game

Half time we were out of the relegation zone

Full time we were 6 points from safety

We need an absolute miracle and whilst crazier things have happened they've never happened to us

Guest Andy W
On 02/04/2021 at 22:25, Therealrealist said:

And before all the tryhards start sayin ‘grow a pair’...’wudnt want to be in the trenches with you’ etc..we are down...we are crap..I accepted it ages ago...time to get real and start thinking how we get out of league one

Its called being realistic...since Christmas really

Think we have been certs relegation for the last 10 games or so..before that had a bit of hope.

However I will be having a decent punt on Some Neck in the GN...about the same chance of winning as we have of stopping up.

Skybet will only let me have £40 on it...they are trembling like shitttting dogs....

So never say never..😊

13 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

The thing is, this has been coming for some time. Why do I feel that the chairman is going to be surprised, and have zero plan of action for our relegation?

This has been inevitable for months 

Unfortunately for us this is pretty much spot on.

Having said that if we stayed up he wouldn't have a plan of action for that either.