So is there anybody who hasnt accepted relegation??

Guest Therealrealist

I should be accepting it as I’m being told by Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all that it’s inevitable. With it being Wednesday this could still be dragged out longer. The next 5 games with 4 being at home may give us a stay if execution until the Middlesbrough game when Reach scores the winner which he invariably does up there and then it’s Forest at home and we’ve got relegation history when we play them in the last home game of a season. Yeah, it’ll go to then.

Of course we are down. Most fans will be saying its justified as we should have been relegated last season when 12 points was deferred. DC has made us very unpopular, sadly i sincerely feel we are close to extinction. Soon be homeless and penniless.

We were doomed when we didn’t sack monk last year. 
Look at the alarming form - we have been relegation fodder since xmas 2019. He changed the players for worse ones. How on earth were we gonna overcome a -12? 

Pure and utter madness from Chansiri 

• Like 5

Does anybody trust Chansiri and his joke advisors to get the players needed for a promotion push next season? No chance 

In 6 months time we’ll probably hear our leader blaming the fans again for not backing him when only 12k have paid PL prices to watch Cheltenham at Hillsborough 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Accepted it after Luton last month. I am however looking forward to next season with positivity now we have a good young manager in place and an unrecognisable squad to the current pile of poo we've had this season. 

Yes we have an opportunity to have a positive season in league 1, when you look at the teams we will be playing (based on Hull, Sunderland and Portsmouth/Ipswich being promoted), we will be the biggest club in the league by some distance.  It’s up to the clowns in charge of the club to make that count for something.  Which I don’t trust them to do,  and we need them to move on ASAP. 

• Like 2

Yes, we are down. Don't get the constant demonisation of Monk. He did get us to 3rd at one point so something happened to derail it. Personally i think it comes down to the players. Game after game, with different managers we see lack of effort and schoolboy mistakes. These are not down to the manager when defenders give the ball away or don't mark a player or don't move into space for a pass etc. These are basics that every schoolkid knows.

Even in lg1 they need to do the basics.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

And before all the tryhards start sayin ‘grow a pair’...’wudnt want to be in the trenches with you’ etc..we are down...we are crap..I accepted it ages ago...time to get real and start thinking how we get out of league one

Exactomundo my friend. 

17 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

And before all the tryhards start sayin ‘grow a pair’...’wudnt want to be in the trenches with you’ etc..we are down...we are crap..I accepted it ages ago...time to get real and start thinking how we get out of league one

I haven't accepted relegation.

While I think it's highly unlikely that we will manage to stay up, I won't accept relegation until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

• Like 2

Not accepting it until it's impossible to stay up.

I don't know what accepting it early would mean, it wouldn't change any result and wouldn't make me feel better or worse about Wednesday than I currently do.

Fans asking for a bit of fight from our players, but we seem to have given up ourselves.  I'd rather us fans would back the useless ******** however possible in these Covid days to get us some points.  We could at least said we tried, unlike said useless ********.

When the fat lady has done her encore, then and only then we are down.

• Like 2

Ive felt we’d go down at every point this season and that thought is stronger than ever. Around Christmas in a debate with mates I said we had a 15% chance of staying up. It’s now 1%, but I won’t give up hope until there is no mathematical probability.  Win our next 5 and who knows?

18 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Same here.

Would rather we taken the deduction last season. It just delayed the inevitable. Think that’s why the sparks of optimism in September faded so quickly in those that still felt we would/could stay up. 

I wished we'd gone down last year. Then the optimists made me think again. Idiots. This has been a wasted year.