Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So many people have been expectedly or unexpectedly forced to pour so much money into this club and for so long it has been miss-spent, what will it take for someone to finally see the light and actually use the vast amounts of money that continually leaks through this shambles to achieve something besides lining footballers wallets nice and thick.. and dreaming about lucking the big time.. what will it actually take? So many years so much money so many people,,, so many questions ,

 

but does Chansiri have to go or can he actually hire someone who understands football?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

So many people have been expectedly or unexpectedly forced to pour so much money into this club and for so long it has been miss-spent, what will it take for someone to finally see the light and actually use the vast amounts of money that continually leaks through this shambles to achieve something besides lining footballers wallets nice and thick.. and dreaming about lucking the big time.. what will it actually take? So many years so much money so many people,,, so many questions ,

 

but does Chansiri have to go or can he actually hire someone who understands football?


You need someone committed to a vision and it’s implementation. The current chairman chased a quick buck, failed, and is now (probably reluctantly) simply keeping it afloat until he can F off 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

 

does Chansiri have to go or can he actually hire someone who understands football?

 

The past 5 years suggests that the latter won't happen

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He could indeed employ someone to run the football side of the club and the commercial side.

 

I highly doubt he will though.

 

It's all a bit sad really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:


You need someone committed to a vision and it’s implementation. The current chairman chased a quick buck, failed, and is now (probably reluctantly) simply keeping it afloat until he can F off 

Visions and strategies need to be well thought out and we’ll communicated; everyone needs buy in. 
 

Something this club cannot achieve.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I will never understand about chansiri is how he has allowed us to fail so spectacularly. I mean everything about the club is an absolute disaster, from the team, to the ground, to the commercial side. All of it is a failure. There isn't one single aspect of the club that we do better than anyone, not one. He has continued to pump money into a failing enterprise and not changed anything that is causing that failure. I honestly think if he gave me control of his cash I could make decisions, spend his money and employ people who would put us in a better position than we are now. 

 

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that we are where we are. His way has ruined us. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

No more money from me and my dad until

 

A. We get a new owner 

 

B. Chansiri sorts this out and shows us he’s going to start running the club properly 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% with latemodelchild who puts it very well indeed.

 

Every single aspect of the club has been a shambolic failure under Chansiri.

 

He could not even ensure that all young players' contracts gave the club the option of an extra year if we desired.  Ridiculous!

 

The man is bothy clueless and negligent.  It beggars belief that he has not put in place a CEO, Financial Director and Commercial Director.

 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

One thing I will never understand about chansiri is how he has allowed us to fail so spectacularly. I mean everything about the club is an absolute disaster, from the team, to the ground, to the commercial side. All of it is a failure. There isn't one single aspect of the club that we do better than anyone, not one. He has continued to pump money into a failing enterprise and not changed anything that is causing that failure. I honestly think if he gave me control of his cash I could make decisions, spend his money and employ people who would put us in a better position than we are now. 

 

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that we are where we are. His way has ruined us. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Django said:

No more money from me and my dad until

 

A. We get a new owner 

 

B. Chansiri sorts this out and shows us he’s going to start running the club properly 

I think Chansiri has proved he does not know how to run a football club. We are a total clusterf*@k at every level and its such a shame as we have a huge loyal fan base.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chansiri hasn't got a clue, wasted so much money and likely to waste so much more.

 

Whether he's capable of change or not, I'm not sure, but I suspect he doesn't want to as he genuinely believes in his own delusion. 

 

For the most part it's his own money he's wasting, for those who choose to subsidise Chansiri FC, that's their choice, don't mind if they do or don't.

 

I'm just hanging on, trying to maintain some level of interest until Chansiri and Paxo are gone and there is a Sheffield Wednesday to support again.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


There are STILL fans who feel criticism of Chansiri is unfair

I’m not seeing that anywhere. Where are they doing that? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FreshOwl said:


You need someone committed to a vision and it’s implementation. The current chairman chased a quick buck, failed, and is now (probably reluctantly) simply keeping it afloat until he can F off 

In a few years our dream will be league 1, next year we are just passing through on way to L2

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the trend for the future has been set.

 

No major signings over the last 3 years, slowly with each transfer window less money spent.

 

This culminated with the last window when we were desperate for a few signings to maintain our championship status. All we got was a out of contract player who hadn't had a team for 12 months and the return of a player who has been bombed out but we took him back because he agreed to an incentive based pay structure.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess there may be people who still support Chansiri but I do belive that they are less than 5% of the fanbase.

 

Most SWFC fans want a new owner and pray that it is someone who either knows how to run a football club or if not then brings in quality people to do just that.  A CEO, Finance Director,  Commercial Director and Team Manager all of whom have track records of success elsewhere would be a good start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is he has previously employed experienced competent people to run the club, only for them to leave pretty quickly. Read into that what you will

 

Katrien Meire

Glen Roeder

Adam Pearson

Steve Bruce

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Deanamo Wednesday said:

The thing is he has previously employed experienced competent people to run the club, only for them to leave pretty quickly. Read into that what you will

 

Katrien Meire

Glen Roeder

Adam Pearson

Steve Bruce

 

My read he us either too thick, stubborn or  rich , maybe all 3.

 

Wont get rid with words only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deanamo Wednesday said:

The thing is he has previously employed experienced competent people to run the club, only for them to leave pretty quickly. Read into that what you will

 

Katrien Meire

Glen Roeder

Adam Pearson

Steve Bruce

 

 

They find out they can't work with the guy. He's a tinpot dictator and totally incompetent. Others just hang on to get the sack and get a payoff.

Edited by Owl Be Back
Link to post
Share on other sites

When Mandaric sold us to Chansiri we were a mid table championship club, we owned our stadium, we had "normal" sponsors, we had companies buying our exec boxes, and a manager who put a decent team together on a small budget without wasting millions on crap. 

 

Five years and Hundreds of millions of pounds later, we have shell companies sponsoring us, empty exec boxes rip off ticket prices, stadium has been sold to a shell company and mortgaged, crippling debts, points deduction, the worst team I've seen in decades and we are going to be relegated. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am certaainly no Chansiri supporter, and will finally be pleased to be rid, BUT I think that heis by no means the only one to blame.

Maybe an Aegean Stables clean out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...