Jump to content

Barry Bannan on the clash with Watford, 250th appearance and beyond


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Who was the last person before bannan to reach 250 appearances 

Tom Lees.

 

Before that Liam Palmer.

 

Before that Atdhe Nuhiu.

 

Think there's a long gap before that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I hope he's here next season.

 

Not a chance.

 

He signed a pity deal, so we can make a bit of cash off him when we go down.  

 

He will never play in League One.  Apart from a few youngsters and Pelupessy, I guarantee we will have none of the players that were in the squad today next season.  And good riddance, IMO.  Need a clear out.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Overrated by many, gets about the pitch a lot like a spent professional never reached his prime for whatever reason, always improved with us but never enough to warrant the acclaim , can prove me wrong still but I doubt it , good luck 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

 

Not a chance.

 

He signed a pity deal, so we can make a bit of cash off him when we go down.  

 

He will never play in League One.  Apart from a few youngsters and Pelupessy, I guarantee we will have none of the players that were in the squad today next season.  And good riddance, IMO.  Need a clear out.  

Thanks for your opinion..we'll take that onboard and move on.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I hope he's here next season.

Hope dunt come into it, thank god, then again can't see any other Championship Club giving him a chance,  so we may be lumbered. 

Let's hope his agent can find some one to take him.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Acclaimed by most to have been the best player on the pitch against comfortably one of the top 2 teams in the division but fans hoping he’s going

lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2021 at 20:32, Suzuki_San said:

 

Not a chance.

 

He signed a pity deal, so we can make a bit of cash off him when we go down.  

 

He will never play in League One.  Apart from a few youngsters and Pelupessy, I guarantee we will have none of the players that were in the squad today next season.  And good riddance, IMO.  Need a clear out.  

 

Yeah!! Another clear out!!
That's what we need again
Another one


I mean we've proven time and time and time again how well they work

 

 

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2021 at 20:32, Suzuki_San said:

 

Not a chance.

 

He signed a pity deal, so we can make a bit of cash off him when we go down.  

 

He will never play in League One.  Apart from a few youngsters and Pelupessy, I guarantee we will have none of the players that were in the squad today next season.  And good riddance, IMO.  Need a clear out.  

I don't think that it is a good riddance, BB is one of the few players that didn't miss games through injury, He never hid, and has arugumentally been our most consistant and best player over the years.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

£27K a week and just the four assists this season. Worth every penny lol

 

It's not just about assists. he won't get an assist for the defence opening passes he played that led to goals earlier in the season as his wasn't the final pass but the goals don't come about without him. 

He doesn't score enough goals but with the right players around him he is an asset. He doesn't get as many assists as he is playing through balls to inferior players. He would have had an assist against Watford if Windass could consider using his left foot and his ball into the box led to the best chance either side had in the game that Rhodes ballooned off target. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

It's not just about assists. he won't get an assist for the defence opening passes he played that led to goals earlier in the season as his wasn't the final pass but the goals don't come about without him. 

He doesn't score enough goals but with the right players around him he is an asset. He doesn't get as many assists as he is playing through balls to inferior players. He would have had an assist against Watford if Windass could consider using his left foot and his ball into the box led to the best chance either side had in the game that Rhodes ballooned off target. 

Yes one pass to Windass which I agree he should have hit first time.

Our defensive midfielder actually put the cross in for Rhodes’ miss.

Its already been shown that Rhodes is the best finisher in the league and that our strikers are on par for converting chances. So the question is , does our creative midfielder do enough. The answer is obvious but some don’t want to see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes one pass to Windass which I agree he should have hit first time.

Our defensive midfielder actually put the cross in for Rhodes’ miss.

Its already been shown that Rhodes is the best finisher in the league and that our strikers are on par for converting chances. So the question is , does our creative midfielder do enough. The answer is obvious but some don’t want to see it.

 

 

Apologies on the Rhodes chance, you are right, either way he should have buried it.

Rhodes is the best finisher in the league? Based on one stat from a tiny proportion of games he has played? 

 

You just pick stats to suit your argument, plenty of stats, neutral watchers and Watford based fans and commentators stated he was our stand out player on Friday, as is regularly the case but you choose to ignore this. If you think Bannan is one of the biggest problems in our team then I'd suggest watching a different sport. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

 

Apologies on the Rhodes chance, you are right, either way he should have buried it.

Rhodes is the best finisher in the league? Based on one stat from a tiny proportion of games he has played? 

 

You just pick stats to suit your argument, plenty of stats, neutral watchers and Watford based fans and commentators stated he was our stand out player on Friday, as is regularly the case but you choose to ignore this. If you think Bannan is one of the biggest problems in our team then I'd suggest watching a different sport. 

Every week I listen to comments about how effective Bannan is . Unlike some I can see they are sound bites. Every game I watch his killer passes not reach their target, his set pieces sail over everyone or not beat the first man. But the man on the telly says he’s great so he must be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...