12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All of them have been below par this season. 

To single Reach out AGAIN after another defeat is just scapegoating. 

Go and read the match day threads from the last dozen or so games.

It isn't scapegoating to say he is contributing less than everyone else in nearly every game when his ability suggests he could be doing so much more. 

1 hour ago, Glenn59 said:

seen more backbone in a jellyfish. Weaker than southern ale, has the pace of a dead person, the fight of a 6 year old girl.

Can only get a game because others not fit, there should be an open top bus parade to take him out of the city

You forgot 'First touch of a rapist':ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We lost 1-0, his contribution to the goal we conceded wasn't exactly full of effort and application.

He is supposedly one of our better players yet doesn't do much right to contribute lately. He has played left-back and left-wing-back earlier in his career and has done OK. Even when played left midfield or left wing lately he has been poor. 

Wouldn't get anywhere near the team for me right now. 

this ^ I don’t know what’s happened to him, but his contribution in games is close to none these days. I’d be tweaking the formation to allow someone like Green to play instead. 

• Like 1

He probably has to play purely because the alternatives are either worse or too inexperienced for a relegation run in. 

He was Watfords best player in injury time. Once when he strolled to get a ball to take a throw in in 91st minute, but then 2 minutes later he jogged to retrieve a ball for a Watford throw and somehow ended up throwing it further away.  Just no urgency to his game at all. 

He’s one of a very small number of players who could make a difference. You can hide behind not getting your preferred position or tactics or whatever, but it’s up to him whether he goes beyond the bare minimum or not.  

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Palmer did well at left-back when he played there in the past.

He's never going to get many assists, but then neither has Reach this season, and he'd be defensively solid, at least.

Palmer will get zero assists or goals.

Reach will probably get two or three if he plays wide left. That’s gold-dust right now.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jrh said:

More concerning for me is that he keeps getting picked. How? Harris' final product isn't great but he offers way, way more! 

Harris offers NOTHING when played on the left.

I think we are all wearing anti-Reach glasses. The cupboard is bare on our left hand side. It’s Reach who offers something, or several others who offer zilch, and everytime we play one of them this site is full of criticism of them.....rightly so.

Dont blame Reach for crape transfer activity.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Palmer will get zero assists or goals.

Reach will probably get two or three if he plays wide left. That’s gold-dust right now.

He might cost us a few, as well.

Reach is one of our most naturally gifted players, but his defensive application leaves much to be desired at times. Given a choice of him or Palmer at left-back, I'd go with Palmer every time.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Harris offers NOTHING when played on the left.

I think we are all wearing anti-Reach glasses. The cupboard is bare on our left hand side. It’s Reach who offers something, or several others who offer zilch, and everytime we play one of them this site is full of criticism of them.....rightly so.

Dont blame Reach for crape transfer activity.

Disagree.

He carries the ball up the field which Reach no longer ever does - he just turns back and comes backwards. 

He's better defensively than Reach. 

What has Reach done that has been positive in the last 4 games? 

I also didn't blame Reach, I blamed the manager. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He might cost us a few, as well.

Reach is one of our most naturally gifted players, but his defensive application leaves much to be desired at times. Given a choice of him or Palmer at left-back, I'd go with Palmer every time.

Indeed, if we are really so desperate for the assists Reach might produce on the odd occasion that he might pull his finger out then play him as a left wing forward in a front 3 or as a left midfielder and out someone who can actually defend and stop crosses behind him because he is costing us as many as he is creating lately. 

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Palmer did well at left-back when he played there in the past.

He's never going to get many assists, but then neither has Reach this season, and he'd be defensively solid, at least.

You don’t remember Palmer’s performances at LB v Reading and Norwich earlier this month?

It doesn’t work. Especially when you’ve a manager who wants us to play it out of defence. You must have a left-footer.

So it’s Reach or Penney (who also gets slated).

The need to play Reach seems a strange one to me given his lack of contribution 

Seeing as we need to score goals and win games I would be going for like this personnel, whether it be 433 or 4231 I think this would be better than with Reach in the team 

Green    Rhodes    Windass

Pelupessy  Bannan   Shaw/Paterson 

Palmer     Hutch    Lees    Urhoghide 

GK 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You don’t remember Palmer’s performances at LB v Reading and Norwich earlier this month?

It doesn’t work. Especially when you’ve a manager who wants us to play it out of defence. You must have a left-footer.

So it’s Reach or Penney (who also gets slated).

I don't think Palmer played at left-back against Norwich - we used wingbacks in that game.

I know you love a good stat, though...

In the past two seasons, when Palmer has played at left-back, we've averaged 1.62 points per game.

If we combine all of his appearances on the left in the last two seasons, either at left-back, wingback, or in midfield, we average 1.6 points per game.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem