Why I could never be a football manager

18 hours ago, flo said:

A smart defender would know he was offside and not panic. 

You can't assume an offside will be given even if you are convinced it is. You can't just let it go.

Play to the whistle was we were always taught.

The fact that interpretation is even possible and it’s not black and white shows what a load of rubbish the rule is. Version 1. If the player isn’t behind Lees then Lees doesn’t kick it into his own net. Therefore he is challenging and his presence affected the outcome. Goal should be disallowed. 
Version 2. The Watford player was not in Lees line of sight and was not physically challenging for the ball. Goal stands. 

What a load of crap the rule is. V1 makes sense to me but V2 is still a credible reading of the rule. Shouldn’t be possible to have rules that need that much interpretation on the pitch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

The fact that interpretation is even possible and it’s not black and white shows what a load of rubbish the rule is. Version 1. If the player isn’t behind Lees then Lees doesn’t kick it into his own net. Therefore he is challenging and his presence affected the outcome. Goal should be disallowed. 
Version 2. The Watford player was not in Lees line of sight and was not physically challenging for the ball. Goal stands. 

What a load of crap the rule is. V1 makes sense to me but V2 is still a credible reading of the rule. Shouldn’t be possible to have rules that need that much interpretation on the pitch. 

Yeah the application yesterday shows the obtuse sketchiness of the potential applications 

23 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Okay, I've watched this back - my memory cheated a little bit, as the ball reached Lees he was just starting to raise his flag. None of the camera angles show the goal and the lino simultaneously, but from this angle you can see the ball has just hit the net and the flag is already up. So he kind of put the flag up as Lees was kicking the ball.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 13.33.02.png

23 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Agreed. If you looked up "clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this impacts on an opponent" then this is the picture you would see in the rule book....

Chris Kavanagh has had a shocker. Not just got the decision wrong, but overruled his linesman who had already got the decision right.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 13.39.25.png

I tried to press play on both of these.

On 02/04/2021 at 15:27, StudentOwl said:

Besides lack of ability and all the other good reasons...

This game would be over after 10 minutes. Watford's goal is as a result of one or their player being in an offside position. It he isn't there, Tom Lees doesn't stick a desperate leg out and put it in. If I'm in charge and that goal's given, I'm commanding my players to walk off the pitch and abandon the game. I can't stand the cheating that allows that goal to stand.

I'd never make it as the boss.

Don’t know about that mate, I’d back you up if you did that,