BREAKING : Darren Moore out today due to Covid

32 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I hope he is back very quickly fit and well.

But realistically we are looking at 2 weeks at least 4 games. If it goes as bad with Smith as it did with Thompson we will be relegated when he returns.

We won 4 of our first 5 games under Thompson.

I'd take the same again under Smith!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

No he had to self isolate after close contact with someone who tested positive, he never tested positive himself (or it was not announced that he did) https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11734/12125414/doncaster-boss-darren-moore-self-isolating-after-coronavirus-contact

Yeah remember him not being at that fa cup. That must be what I'd read.

Call me cynical but is this not a perfect excuse considering he is likely to only have a contract till the end of the season to try and get a new contract for next season despite losing almost every game (I am guessing we will lose most of the games we have left).  He has a ready made excuse and might actually increase his chances of being here next season. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Call me cynical but is this not a perfect excuse considering he is likely to only have a contract till the end of the season to try and get a new contract for next season despite losing almost every game (I am guessing we will lose most of the games we have left).  He has a ready made excuse and might actually increase his chances of being here next season. 

'Cynical' isn't the word I'd use for that load of claptrap.

He's tested positive for covid; will have had to inform Track and Trace; and he and all of his close contacts will have to isolate for the next ten days, meaning he's unable to manage his relegation-threatened team during a crucial run of games.

The suggestion that this is some kind of ruse to further his own career is as idiotic as it is insulting.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

Idiot. 

Behave

I think you're mixing up the word cynical with the word stupid.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2