Super thread as always M'lord thank you.

I might have said summat similar before but....we are not  just any ordinary football team . We are the incredibly superior and magnificent, unbelievable,outstanding,,glorious and resplendent Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. There's a hill to climb and we can do it.

C'mon the MIGHTY SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.

Nowt else matters.

WAWAW

18 (288x300) (240x250).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Snoots, agree with with that post but am terrified of this feeling of somewhat optimism, it always comes back to kick us in the teeth...

Such a difficult game, all of the remaining ones are vital, but I fear this one given Watford's position and form and the fact we could really use an unlikely win to boost our confidence from the past 2 games and get another 3 vital points closing the gap to those above us.

A very tough test ahead, I really hope the boys are ready to dig in, but I'm going with this being another loss, 3-1 to Watford.

Thanks for the post Milord: I think actually I miss these more than I miss the actual games to be honest.

I can't share your optimism though I'm afraid, much as I'd love to. A routine 3-0 reversal is on the cards today, as Good Friday turns bad.

Please please prove me wrong boys (like I was against Barnsley).

Ffs. I'd been happily enjoying the days where I don't wake up and realise we are playing today so will probably lose. Now we're back. And unfortunately I've got a glimmer of hope after the Barnsley win. No doubt that will be extinguished around 3.20 or so when we concede the first of a few. If it was any other team than Watford I'd have a bit more confidence but we never beat em. Another one of those teams that I really dislike, just like the other 91 in the leagues. 

5-3 to The Wednesday 

• Love 1

When I think of Watford I can't help but see images of a sweating and bloated Elton John, and it makes me spew up a little in my throat. 

We are in the capable hands of Darren Moore today and as Snoots says he's had a couple of weeks to sprinkle some magic dust on the boys. 

God I hope we win today, let the fight back continue 

47 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Thanks Lord Snooty I had forgotten that we were playing today, was having a lovely relaxed breakfast.

Now I have the match day butterflies in my stomach and my blood pressure has shot up.

Enjoy brekkers while you can ,Corky.

Hargreaves is trying to ban it!

• Haha 2

Players are always useless after an international break. I remember one game maybe this season, maybe last season after COVId when the opposition ran onto the pitch like a 100m Olympic final.  We strode onto the pitch with the bounce and vigour of those poor old last standing  WW2 war veterans on Poppy Day, and were losing after about 6 minutes.

Heavy defeat to a good team. 4 nil watford

• Haha 1

Very positive OMDT m’lud...almost uplifting! A draw at Watford would be a good result but I hope they go with an attacking mindset from the off and attempt a smash and grab raid on the Hornet’s nest. As I recall, Vicawage Woad was a long walk through some allotments to get to the away end, anyone remember that being the case?
UTO...come on you blue and white sorcerers apprentices!!

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Players are always useless after an international break. I remember one game maybe this season, maybe last season after COVId when the opposition ran onto the pitch like a 100m Olympic final.  We strode onto the pitch with the bounce and vigour of those poor old last standing  WW2 war veterans on Poppy Day, and were losing after about 6 minutes.

Heavy defeat to a good team. 4 nil watford

Because all our players are top internationals so they’re always really busy during the international break.

1 hour ago, belfast owl lad said:

They sold us Abdi, Lets batter them!

UTO

Bloody hell! Forgot about how far they had our trousers down on that deal....we owe the bent b*******

big time for that debacle.