“It's been run like a Carry On film…” Say`s Chris Waddle...

Guest mrbluesky

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What on Earth are you on about. Your argument does not stand up for scrutiny whatsoever.

You need to broaden your horizons.....look up how his tenure at Chesterfield went

10 hours ago, parajack said:

Seems you need reminding what you posted...Quote:'

Are there any examples of ex players who have successfully done a decent job of running a club?

Niall Quinn at Sunderland springs to mind although not close enough to know how successful he was.

You yourself gave Sunderland as an example.......Seems you struggle to read yourself....Your last Q is a new one,and not the one you originally asked..

I’m struggling to see what you are reading now.....how does anything in my quote ask for a list of ex players who have made good managers.....I specifically said running a club...i.e. not the team

9 hours ago, parajack said:

What does it matter?ex well respected players have CREDIBILITY when they critique how the Club is being run....they have no agenda,just a desire to see things run allegedly properly...

Why do they have credibility?....thats the question I am asking.....why is it that very few, if any, ex players go in to the football administration side?

Obviously they have more insight than most of us but why not use that insight to say how things should be run not how they shouldn’t 

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

By @Ian logic nobody can have an opinion on anything at all UNLESS they have been there and done it.

Therefore next time anyone on here even thinks about posting about the game at the weekend - remember your opinion is immediately pointless and invalid if you haven’t played professional football before.

I imagine this forum would be shut down very quickly.

lol

Absolute rubbish...what I am saying is that if you are going to say what’s being done wrong then at least put an alternative forward.

People generally don’t come on here and say “Marriott is rubbish leave him out”

they will say something like “Marriott is rubbish, leave him out and play Rhodes instead”

not “we need to stop 5-3-2” but “we need to stop 5-3-2 and play 4-4-2 instead”

Edited by Ian

35 minutes ago, Ian said:

Absolute rubbish...what I am saying is that if you are going to say what’s being done wrong then at least put an alternative forward.

they will say something like “Marriott is rubbish, leave him out and play Rhodes instead”

Why should they have to go into detail as in what to do?

Waddle gets asked question. He answers. But in your opinion he should submit a 1000 word essay on what the chairman should be doing.

Why should he? 

11 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

It’s a total none issue in relation to Chris Waddle’s recent comments.

Any chance we can get back on topic?

I didn't make the point as succinct as I meant to I accept.

My point was that nobody is turning on the likes of Waddle, Turner or Palmer for some of the comments they have made over the last 6 months or so as suggested in the original post that I quoted. Just because somebody is a club legend it doesn't mean you have to agree with everything they say.

Waddle has said these things before, it's nothing new and I agree with most of it. He has, in the past, said some questionable things about Wednesday that I don't think have helped.

12 hours ago, Ian said:

Why do they have credibility?....thats the question I am asking.....why is it that very few, if any, ex players go in to the football administration side?

Obviously they have more insight than most of us but why not use that insight to say how things should be run not how they shouldn’t 

?? They have credibility,the same way anyone else does,who has worked in an Industry for decades.....they are insiders..they know the 'ins and outs' in a way others cant because of that fact....its plain common sense...

12 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m struggling to see what you are reading now.....how does anything in my quote ask for a list of ex players who have made good managers.....I specifically said running a club...i.e. not the team

CONTEXT.....your confusing 'owning' with running a Club.....not the same....critiques are pointing to things like  having a DOF,Manager,(rather than Coach) marketing strategy,proper communications,list is endless....things that are bread and butter but allegedly are not happening at S6

On 02/04/2021 at 09:18, Ian said:

Yeah.

Every time you posted having a go at Nuhiu you offered an alternative didn't you..................

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah.

Every time you posted having a go at Nuhiu you offered an alternative didn't you..................

yes, I often said that Wildsmith up front would be a better option. Next.