Walker, Stone, Maguire & Calvert-Lewin - what 3 things do they all have in common

One of those on your list has a relative who lives on my road and is a friend of my wife.

That fact adds nothing to this thread, it's just a boast post.

Actually that relative gave my son a signed shirt - apologising to my lad saying sorry it's not a Wednesday shirt, but it was a shirt he'd played an international game in so it went down well regardless.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Siggijonsson said:

All playing for England tonight

All South Yorkshire lads

Never picked up as youth players by the biggest club in South Yorkshire - SWFC 

We really have had a rubbish youth set up over the years - but why?

Scouts have ties to the top clubs in South Yorkshire Junior Sunday League A Division. I was involved with one of the top clubs and I had a good relationship with the Owls scout. I called him often about several players.

Other clubs knew other scouts. Player’s families had affiliations to junior clubs...historically.

They’d take 12 - 15 of your best players at any time that suited them and maybe one of the lads would make it.

4 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

All the teams around Yorkshire have 21st century youth complexes, modern day scouting 

Wednesday are stuck in the 1990s 

Plus we never give youth a chance 

Except the early rounds of the cups

Rather tieing players like Shaw down 

DC would rather throw another few million at rubbish like bannan and Hutchinson 

Except dem blades who have an old working men’s club with a leaking roof. And one of the reasons there manager gave for leaving was there crap training facilities. 

7 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To add, three of them the pigs sold them all for a combined fee of less than £9m.

One has since gone for £80m, one for £50m and the other worth about £50m.

They all had/have 10% sell on fees and have/will have earned United far more than that. 

Walker had only played twice before being sold to Spurs. Calvert-Lewin, infrequently and wasn’t pulling up any trees in L1.

12 minutes ago, Lupoli said:

They all had/have 10% sell on fees and have/will have earned United far more than that. 

Walker had only played twice before being sold to Spurs. Calvert-Lewin, infrequently and wasn’t pulling up any trees in L1.

Maguire all that will have got them will be  £1.2m then from the Hull to Leicester transfer? Walker about £5m. Calvert Lewin might never move!

So all in all they sold 3 players who go on to play for England and 2 of the biggest clubs in the world for tops £15m?

I’m not surprised Calvert lewin wasn’t pulling up any trees at 17/18 in league 1. At that age it isn’t about goals scored it’s about potential, which clearly Everton saw in him.

9 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To add, three of them the pigs sold them all for a combined fee of less than £9m.

One has since gone for £80m, one for £50m and the other worth about £50m.

Pigenomics . (Only problem is we would have let contracts run out and made £1 million at best )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1