The best shots in Movie History

On 31/03/2021 at 09:30, Paul.. said:

All the talk of Jurassic Park has inspired the wife and I to watch all 5 in a row (haven't actually seen the most recent one), watched Jurassic Park one last night, animatronics dinosaurs are still superb, CGI ones not so much, aged really badly! Still a fun movie of course 🙂

We need to start a new thread, worst sequels ever, I nominate Jurassic Park 2...

Tonight have to decide whether we move onto the 3rd one or maybe start our Predator 1/2 rewatch...

• Haha 1

Blade Runner (1982) "Time to die"

302132e9f987e3153ee3a60c5f747a1c.jpg 

cb8b414d42038319b6fb235955c6fdaa--film-s 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

On 01/04/2021 at 11:17, fredmciverslovechild said:

Very appropriately, albeit a day early.....

Hoskins-i.JPG

00e2fed3f977b0af7fa65354de3036ce.jpg

Theme tune at that moment is class. 

25 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Theme tune at that moment is class. 

Indeed.

Hadn't realised until someone pointed it out to me a few days back that you get a fleeting glimpse of Razors dead body in the front passenger seat of Victoria's car. Also, Pierce Brosnan is pointing his gun at the wrong seat; Harold Shand is actually sitting in the other back seat. But then, they filmed the bits completely separately and edited them together.

• Haha 1
On 01/04/2021 at 15:21, Paul.. said:

We need to start a new thread, worst sequels ever, I nominate Jurassic Park 2...

Tonight have to decide whether we move onto the 3rd one or maybe start our Predator 1/2 rewatch...

Hated JP2.

Liked JP3 much more...

On 08/04/2021 at 22:54, 83owl said:

Probably Erika Eleniak coming out of the birthday cake in under siege.

DampUnevenDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gi 

Spoiler

👀

Spoiler

WTF:

Spoiler

IncompleteKeyGelada-size_restricted.gif 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Falling Down (1993) D-Fens!

cS45swrlrTJijH1RblBLe8LlW2p.jpg 

• Like 1

Steven Seagal working out who the bad guy is in hard to kill is an incredibly moving piece of cinema. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Wing Back said:

Hated JP2.

Liked JP3 much more...

Yep 2 was garbage, 3 was ok, the new ones Jurassic World 1 and 2 are significantly better than any of them, but I'd still put 1 first just because it was so groundbreaking at the time and the cast was great. Looking forward to the new one next year, the main cast from 1 is back plus Chris Pratt and Bryce Howard 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1