Jordan Rhodes does it again

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Imagine if we’d played him most of the season, especially in all the 6pointers we have lost against the bottom 6 clubs. 

Trouble is our defence and the teams weak mentality means it wouldn’t make that much of a difference when you consider how many points we’ve thrown away. 

That’s been the biggest issue this season.

Wait till Holmowl sees this thread it will make his morning 

Joking aside Rhodes and Windass should be our strike pair for the rest of this season.  Paterson seems to operate better when he’s not playing as the main goal threat as he’s more of a “grafter” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Haha, good morning.

Sadly it doesn’t make my morning. Just confirms my frustration, and that of the majority of fans I’m sure, that we had the striker to keep us in this division hiding in plain sight. Monk, Pulis and Thompson want shooting. Madness.

Plus Carlos, Jos, Bullen & Bruce

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wait till Holmowl sees this thread it will make his morning 

Joking aside Rhodes and Windass should be our strike pair for the rest of this season.  Paterson seems to operate better when he’s not playing as the main goal threat as he’s more of a “grafter” 

Stick in something about Reach’s crossing  too and he wouldn’t be able to contain himself, 

Edited by Huncho
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Imagine if we’d played him most of the season, especially in all the 6pointers we have lost against the bottom 6 clubs. 

Correct..

I said in another JR thread a few weeks ago it was criminal that in a season when we have been struggling for goals, the best finisher at the club wasn't playing.

This season he's started only 9 games in which he's scored 5 goals.

In those 9 games we won 3, drew 3 and lost 3.

But in 2 of those draws we were winning when he was taken off and in 2 off the losses we were drawing when he was taken off.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Should have started so many more games, will have no problem getting another club in the Championship imo while we are rotting in league one having to watch crap like Paterson week after week. 

Why do we hav to be ‘rotting’ in league 1...what if we assemble a decent team and get off to a winning start...the buzz around the club might actually return