Broadband Recommendations

Been with plusnet for 21 years now. They might not be the cheapest (not by much though) but always had great customer service from them

On 19/07/2021 at 20:02, EighteenSixty7 said:

Moving into our first home next month hopefully, is Plusnet still the one to go for? The deals look good in terms of price 

Since I got mine it does drop out now and then. CBA to look into it further as I don’t use it that much, but it aint brilliant 

Been browsing the Plusnet site and spotted that the line rental goes up to £43.50 a month after the contract on the initial top spec Fibre broadband runs out. That seems steep to go from £23.95 a month to nearly £44. Am I reading that wrong? 

On 23/07/2021 at 22:00, EighteenSixty7 said:

Been browsing the Plusnet site and spotted that the line rental goes up to £43.50 a month after the contract on the initial top spec Fibre broadband runs out. That seems steep to go from £23.95 a month to nearly £44. Am I reading that wrong? 

No line rental ever costs that much

Owlstalk Shop

On 23/07/2021 at 11:31, Essix Blue said:

Since I got mine it does drop out now and then. CBA to look into it further as I don’t use it that much, but it aint brilliant 

That won’t be Plusnet 

Itll be your wiring or your router 

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

No line rental ever costs that much

had a look and it’s not the line rental it’s the actually monthly ‘cost’ of the internet which goes up by £20, with the line rental staying at around £22. Still quite steep but I think we’ll see how the 18 month cheap deal goes then see what elsewhere offers. 

1 hour ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

had a look and it’s not the line rental it’s the actually monthly ‘cost’ of the internet which goes up by £20, with the line rental staying at around £22. Still quite steep but I think we’ll see how the 18 month cheap deal goes then see what elsewhere offers. 

At the end of your deal just phone up and ask for another deal, been with plusnet since dial up days. Only problems I’ve had is a line issue in the exchange, which is an openreach issue that would have affected any provider, and a router that was pants, bought a Draytek router and been rock solid ever since. 

• Like 3

Been with Zen since we moved 5 years ago. By far the best around in my opinion. Getting 60 download speed, call centre in Rochdale and they always answer in seconds if you ever need them. Which is rarely, we had one issue in all this time which ended up being a corroded wire at our end. Sorted by them in a matter of days.