Legendary Sheffield Pubs & Clubs

Which was your go-to venue to end a night out?

The Sheffield Guide collection of legendary Pubs & Clubs T-Shirts has expanded:

Pubs-Clubs_5.jpg

Various Colours/Sizes in each design! Also available on Hoodies, Mugs, Tote Bags, Cushions, etc. 

Check out the full collection here: https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/product-tag/pubs-clubs/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Crikey. So many to choose from. I was a regular a Roxy’s. Remembering the  queue of scrutiny on the ramp hoping to pass the approving eye Barry Neville at the top. That satisfaction of getting in when the poor sod in front gets turned away. 

the long circular route around the venue before settling on spot to pay a fortune for shocking larger. 

I did like Sinartra’s on Sunday. A bit more relaxed. 

Edited by M Royds
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Mind, I'd just like to add that those places belong in the past and should stay there forever as we move into a Utopian future of free wi-fi coffee bars , cycle routes and chrome sculptures.

lol

Too right. 5 deep at the bar. Pish beer. Some bloke called Shane looking across the bar shouting ‘Wat thaar loooking at.’ Slipping on vomit. Bogs that smelt Victorian. Sticky carpets. Shocking DJs that played the same set every week like “let’s do the time warp, yeeeh’ or Shania Twain’s “That don’t impress me’ to get the women up. Lads en mass trying to impress girls by chanting football songs. Fellas who wore slip on’s or black brogues and white socks. And the knobsack in the takeaway trying to be a comedian by make racist quips about ordering a Pearl Harbour Special.  

image.jpeg.5114bb5239662f18aa57e1ee97929733.jpeg

A nice independent coffee bar, where you can get bottle beer or a decent coffee, feeling relaxed, enjoying a read or looking across at beautiful people. 

image.jpeg.47f97d51a96a8118e27d5ecc94207cb1.jpeg

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, M Royds said:

A nice independent coffee bar, where you can get bottle beer or a decent coffee, feeling relaxed, enjoying a read or looking across at beautiful people. 

Aye, there's nowt more relaxing after a day of toil than being surrounded by squawking middle class women.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I loved Sinatras

Knew Stevie Splash quite well - and he took me on as a glass collector (I wouldn't go behind the bar - far too much like hard work). I used to spend my Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday nights in 1988 wandering round the place collecting glasses and chatting up lasses. It was a dream job. Wasn't a big drinker so used to drive home after - then go to college or Western Jean (when I'd left college) as I worked there selling jeans.

Friday and Saturday nights were usually also spent in town - and the best thing about being known for working in a bar was getting in all the other places free, and even waved to the front of the queue by bouncers at the other venues. It felt like being royalty.

There were some really lovely people working in Sinatras at the time, management team of Shane & Jean. I still think it was my most enjoyable job ever, basically getting paid to have a night out.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

32 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I loved Sinatras

Knew Stevie Splash quite well - and he took me on as a glass collector (I wouldn't go behind the bar - far too much like hard work). I used to spend my Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday nights in 1988 wandering round the place collecting glasses and chatting up lasses. It was a dream job. Wasn't a big drinker so used to drive home after - then go to college or Western Jean (when I'd left college) as I worked there selling jeans.

Friday and Saturday nights were usually also spent in town - and the best thing about being known for working in a bar was getting in all the other places free, and even waved to the front of the queue by bouncers at the other venues. It felt like being royalty.

There were some really lovely people working in Sinatras at the time, management team of Shane & Jean. I still think it was my most enjoyable job ever, basically getting paid to have a night out.

Like I say, relaxed. Found the atmosphere there friendly. No cattle market approach. Unfortunately, my mates preferred Roxy’s. 

17 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Like I say, relaxed. Found the atmosphere there friendly. No cattle market approach. Unfortunately, my mates preferred Roxy’s. 

Roxys was slumming it

If you stood in one space too long you had to be rescued cos your feet were stuck to the floor

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I loved Sinatras

Sinatras was sooooo sooooo good
I was a regular when I wasn't working

The music in Sinatras was the best in town
Isabellas second

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Which was your go-to venue to end a night out?

The Sheffield Guide collection of legendary Pubs & Clubs T-Shirts has expanded:

Pubs-Clubs_5.jpg

Various Colours/Sizes in each design! Also available on Hoodies, Mugs, Tote Bags, Cushions, etc. 

Check out the full collection here: https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/product-tag/pubs-clubs/

I've got the Cairo's T-Shirt - LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

Just bought the Legends one too which came the other day

Two of my favourite t-shirts

And two of the places I DJ'd at the longest/most

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sinatras was sooooo sooooo good
I was a regular when I wasn't working

The music in Sinatras was the best in town
Isabellas second

Agreed

100%

I forget the name of the regular DJ (It wasnt Stevie Splash) - but I'm sure his name was Steve

He was the un-coolest guy to look at ever but he was a brilliant DJ

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I've got the Cairo's T-Shirt - LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

Just bought the Legends one too which came the other day

Two of my favourite t-shirts

And two of the places I DJ'd at the longest/most

I loved Cairo's, but those stairs on the way out were Brutal when you were hammered. 

47 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I loved Cairo's, but those stairs on the way out were Brutal when you were hammered. 

They were worse on the way in when you were already hammered :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, M Royds said:

Too right. 5 deep at the bar. Pish beer. Some bloke called Shane looking across the bar shouting ‘Wat thaar loooking at.’ Slipping on vomit. Bogs that smelt Victorian. Sticky carpets. Shocking DJs that played the same set every week like “let’s do the time warp, yeeeh’ or Shania Twain’s “That don’t impress me’ to get the women up. Lads en mass trying to impress girls by chanting football songs. Fellas who wore slip on’s or black brogues and white socks. And the knobsack in the takeaway trying to be a comedian by make racist quips about ordering a Pearl Harbour Special.  

image.jpeg.5114bb5239662f18aa57e1ee97929733.jpeg

image.jpeg.47f97d51a96a8118e27d5ecc94207cb1.jpeg

Give me the first pic any day, btw, what is a pearl harbour special?

• Like 1

Regular at Roxys, then into Napoleons to lose mi taxi fare home. Got coffee and sandwiches though, before the long trek home.

Good to see you've got the Wapentake t shirt out, will be ordering one each for me and our kid. Ken, and possibly Les from Yorkshireman doing The Wapentake Years at Corporation towards end of July, covid restrictions permitting.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

THe Nelson, great juke box.....

The Roebuck...best pint of Wards in the city

The Claymore...Pre match...then a walk to 

The Shakespeare, The Lancers, The Cambridge etc

Always finished up on the one on the corner opposite the speedway track....forgot its name

• Like 3
  • Love 1