Under 23's v Dirty Blavdes 2 p.m.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't know how many players/managers we are going to say this about though mate

Things are clearly just not right at the club. 

Managers, players, coaches all come 'with their eyes wide open' then talk of surprises or issues after they've been here a while

And how many players are our fans gonna say 'they won't get offers from clubs in the Championship' about? 

It's just an endless repetitive over and over and over and over scenario

Even if those players don't get a Championship team to go to - so what? That doesn't help us one bit either way, nor does it change what's happening here at Sheffield Wednesday right now either.

It's like we are forgetting contracts are up, players are off, we're getting relegated, and forget everything that's gone on this season off the pitch and scratch our heads at why our players aren't playing at their best

It's beyond madness this

We all know it is a sh*tshow off the field.

We have brought a new manager in, someone who is young and ambitious and has a good record. He may well have come in and said to these fringe players,

look, I know the club is in a mess and this season has been a nightmare but I have come in and will try to do my best by all the players to achieve results and improve things in that respect. I can't change what has gone on but I will give you a chance, all I ask is that you show me the same attitude and professionalism. I'll give you a run in the under 23's to prove your worth and stake a claim for a place in the first team, even if you don't want to stay, we have 9 games left, being involved and getting some decent results will help put you in the shop window.

They have given him nothing in return. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We all know it is a sh*tshow off the field.

We have brought a new manager in, someone who is young and ambitious and has a good record. He may well have come in and said to these fringe players,

look, I know the club is in a mess and this season has been a nightmare but I have come in and will try to do my best by all the players to achieve results and improve things in that respect. I can't change what has gone on but I will give you a chance, all I ask is that you show me the same attitude and professionalism. I'll give you a run in the under 23's to prove your worth and stake a claim for a place in the first team, even if you don't want to stay, we have 9 games left, being involved and getting some decent results will help put you in the shop window.

They have given him nothing in return. 

Darren Moore and Sheffield Wednesday aren't the ones in any position to demand or try to get players show their best to win a new contract

That's like a salesman in Currys trying to sell me a new telly when I know I've already ordered one from John Lewis online earlier that day (comes with a free 5 year warranty too)

As a club/manager we're not in the driving seat anymore - it's the other way round

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore and Sheffield Wednesday aren't the ones in any position to demand or try to get players show their best to win a new contract

That's like a salesman in Currys trying to sell me a new telly when I know I've already ordered one from John Lewis online earlier that day (comes with a free 5 year warranty too)

As a club/manager we're not in the driving seat anymore - it's the other way round

You’re talking as if it’s so bad that the club and players might as well just pack it in, as there’s absolutely nothing to fight for. They’re paid, they train, they have a good honest manager and backroom staff who know what they’re doing. How does the chairman’s antics effect any of that? Genuinely interested to know. 

Edited by Huncho

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Let me flip it round- do you think the chairman's 'antics' over the last fives years has had no effect on the players?

Yes, but not to the extent you’re saying. 

If you worked for google and worked within a good team with a strong and honest manager, and were paid. But the CEO of Google was a bit of a knob. Would it effect your work? Would it heck.

2 minutes ago, Huncho said:

If you worked for google and worked within a good team with a strong and honest manager, and were paid. But the CEO of Google was a bit of a knob. Would it effect your work? Would it heck.

Why do so many of our players and managers and staff never really want to stay at SWFC then?

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Huncho said:

That doesn't work as a comparison

The CEO of Google is a far few steps removed from the thousands of employees of Google

If the employees of google don't get paid, there are protocols and procedures in place, the CEO doesn't hold the purse strings, it's likely an admin ******** up

That doesn't seem to happen at Hillsborough, everything goes through DC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

That doesn't work as a comparison

The CEO of Google is a far few steps removed from the thousands of employees of Google

If the employees of google don't get paid, there are protocols and procedures in place, the CEO doesn't hold the purse strings, it's likely an admin ******** up

That doesn't seem to happen at Hillsborough, everything goes through DC

But the players are paid. I don’t get the notion that because it was late in the past, they now are allowed to permanently down tools. You sort out the issue and move on

Just now, Huncho said:

But the players are paid. I don’t get the notion that because it was late in the past, they now are allowed to permanently down tools. You sort out the issue and move on

Oh right.

It's that easy in your world, You just move on

It's happened numerous times over the past year. You don't think that plays in the back of their minds? Are we going to get paid properly this month? Month after month? You don't think that has an effect at all?

4 minutes ago, Huncho said:

Don't think life works like that

People who tend to get messed about with their wages repeatedly whilst the company they're working for starts to look dated, crumbly and on the downward spiral tend to get on the phone to their recruitment agency and say 'get me a new job somewhere else'

And I can 100% guarantee you that's what's happened/is happening right now

It's human nature

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He can demand that those under contract give of their best while they are here and in doing so they will have a better chance of earning a good contract elsewhere if they so wish.

You are basically saying we shouldn't expect anyone employees of the club to be giving their all under the circumstances. In which case I don't know why we bother. 

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Oh right.

It's that easy in your world, You just move on

It's happened numerous times over the past year. You don't think that plays in the back of their minds? Are we going to get paid properly this month? Month after month? You don't think that has an effect at all?

Look I do get your point, It’s not happened for a while now. How do we know they haven’t been given reassurances behind closed doors? Would Moore sign for a club not paying wages? He seems a man of integrity.

Half of our current players signed for the club when there had already been wage issues going on. Again, if they were so worried and concerned, why would they sign for a club with that history, as opposed to one where they get paid on time? 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe they've already got one elsewhere

That happens at every club, hundreds of players are out of contract each summer, they don't all down tools. Aaron Ramsey signed for Juve months before his contract at Arsenal ended, still ended up being one of their best players. 

Nuhiu knew he was on his way out with us last season when others had contract talks and Monk picked Da Cruz ahead of him, didn't stop him being one of our best performers in the last two months of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Huncho said:

Half of our current players signed for the club when there had already been wage issues going on. Again, if they were so worried and concerned, why would they sign for a club with that history, as opposed to one where they get paid on time? 

How many of those players had other offers on the table? Maybe our offer was the only one they got and it was either come to a basket case with known pay issues or sit at home with an income of 0. 

In that position, everyone would take the job with no exceptions, because you need to feed and look after your family

Edited by Gob_Bluth

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That happens at every club, hundreds of players are out of contract each summer, they don't all down tools. Aaron Ramsey signed for Juve months before his contract at Arsenal ended, still ended up being one of their best players. 

Nuhiu knew he was on his way out with us last season when others had contract talks and Monk picked Da Cruz ahead of him, didn't stop him being one of our best performers in the last two months of the season. 

Different people perform differently in different circumstances - imagine that

It's like everyone on earth is different

Edited by Gob_Bluth
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Different people perform differently in different circumstances - imagine that

It's like everyone on earth is different

So we have a bunch of players who don't have the right attitude in this respect then? Compared with others in a similar position.

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nuhiu did
Others didn't and couldn't wait to be off

Rhodes is performing great right now
Others aren't

Kinda how life works - everyone's different

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nuhiu did
Others didn't and couldn't wait to be off

Rhodes is performing great right now
Others aren't

Kinda how life works - everyone's different

Indeed, so losing the ones who don't have an attitude towards trying to help out and improve under the new manager will be no great loss.