Wednesday players down the pub

On a cold, wet windy night in winter a few of us were in a pub in London waiting for the kick off between Leyton Orient and The Owls, in walked Carlton Palmer and I think Graham Hyde.

Had a chat with the fans, a soft drink then off to the match. To be fair don’t think either played but called in to see how we were.

Nice touch but Carlton refused to buy us all a pint, never forgiven him 😳

4 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Waddle best player ever seen in a Wednesday shirt but Mel was always my favorite. 

mine too , an absolute hero when i was younger .  remember his runs down the pitch ,he once went from edge of our area took ball past 5 players and smashed it in from 25 yards against arsenal . i doubt any fullback is allowed to do such things these days 

27 minutes ago, morganowl said:

mine too , an absolute hero when i was younger .  remember his runs down the pitch ,he once went from edge of our area took ball past 5 players and smashed it in from 25 yards against arsenal . i doubt any fullback is allowed to do such things these days 

One of the best goals I’ve seen but I don’t think any tv pictures exist

22 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Just thinking about it. It’s unbelievable that a player of the ability of Sterland, with the career he had didn’t make enough from the game to retire a millionaire. How times have changed!

Bookies have had the lot. Never off the gambling apps and his daughter is the same 

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Bookies have had the lot. Never off the gambling apps and his daughter is the same 

To be honest that’s awful. Gambling is like drinking. Some people can have a bit of a laugh with it and keep it under control but it eats other people alive. 
Wonder if he’d of get better help if he’d been a modern footballer?