Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The council messed about with regenerating the city centre with the Hammerson debacle while other cities got on with the job. Now we are bearing the fruit of this.

Aeh?

 

We dodged a bullet with Hammerson and Sevenstone - traditional retail as we know it is dying.

  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The council messed about with regenerating the city centre with the Hammerson debacle while other cities got on with the job. Now we are bearing the fruit of this.

 


It's not 1978 anymore mate


Shopping in city centres is OVER


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Hmm I wonder why the one in Leeds I still open then?

For now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

For now.

If John Lewis had to close stores then choosing between Sheffield and Leeds was a no brainer. The choice of shops restaurants and bars in Leeds is on another level compared to Sheffield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If John Lewis had to close stores then choosing between Sheffield and Leeds was a no brainer. The choice of shops restaurants and bars in Leeds is on another level compared to Sheffield.

 

Go shopping in Leeds every week then

I bet you don't


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If John Lewis had to close stores then choosing between Sheffield and Leeds was a no brainer. The choice of shops restaurants and bars in Leeds is on another level compared to Sheffield.

I think the point I was making may have gone over your head.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Hmm I wonder why the one in Leeds I still open then?

 


Because it is profitable


People don't go to the one in Sheffield.
It's always empty
Nobody goes there enough

 

Including you

 

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

Go shopping in Leeds every week then

I bet you don't

I don't go shopping in Sheffield every week but if I wanted a choice of something other than a charity shop or pound shop then I'm afraid it would be Leeds or Manchester.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...