John Lewis Sheffield to Close.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Go to Barcelona

There's one on every single block!

I would if I could 👍

1 minute ago, Bourbon said:

I would if I could 👍

Also Sheffield is not Barcelona

if you wish to dismiss my opinion then fare enough, but I’ve moved away and would never wish to move back. 

2 minutes ago, Bourbon said:

Also Sheffield is not Barcelona

if you wish to dismiss my opinion then fare enough, but I’ve moved away and would never wish to move back. 

So why not leave the opinions on what it should be to the people that are still here?

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I'd be all for knocking the block down and creating an open events type space (effectively extending the Barkers Pool Square) — especially with the redevelopments happening around there (imagine having a huge square as a kind of terrace for the new Milestone Food Hall that has just been announced for Cambridge Street!).

It would put into question the point of the new Pound's Park that was recently announced though.

I would love that.

People are drawn to open spaces. Just look at the peace gardens etc. 

However leave it open to allow it to be a terrace with table/chairs in nice weather and a market/festive area in the winter. Agree with the new food court next door there is so much scope for events and other ways to get people into the city centre. Bangkok chick boys.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I'd be all for knocking the block down and creating an open events type space (effectively extending the Barkers Pool Square) — especially with the redevelopments happening around there (imagine having a huge square as a kind of terrace for the new Milestone Food Hall that has just been announced for Cambridge Street!).

It would put into question the point of the new Pound's Park that was recently announced though.

This. 

I know Sheffield don’t get good weather all the time but stuff like the picture below work quite well. 

That’s Strasbourg. Eating places on the edges.

image.jpeg.ec7e5b4682b59d0f2e7e0295c3ad364a.jpeg

Leeds millenium square. 

image.jpeg.19c7692caad35a2c108e0944b59e4e34.jpeg

• Like 1

Those who are anti square, let’s face, it’s going to be a square as I can’t see anybody developing anything there. Certainly not in the current financial climate. 

Might as well make it a nice square. 

• Haha 1

this could really "make" Sheffield

Have it as a "buy local and independent" part of the town etc leading up Division Street to Devonshire Green

I remember when my missus started at John Lewis how surprised she was at the number of customers they had from Leeds and York coming to shop in Sheffield just because of John Lewis.  Unfortunately  the last management Andy Street and Charlie Mayfield decided to open more stores including Leeds and York.